Your fuel pressure gauges and readings? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 6.0L Power Stroke Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Mdub707
Damnkids Motorsports
Member's Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Mdub707
Your fuel pressure gauges and readings?

Interested to see what fuel pressure guage you guys are using and some info about your setups.

Gauge being used?:
Where you are reading pressure from?:
Do you have upgraded fuel return spring?:

My main issue right now is I'm running an ISSPRO EV2, and the fuel pressure fluctuates an insane amount. I am also reading fuel pressure back on the vegistroke manifold. So as far as you guys are concerned with this, picture the stock fuel system being extended out the back of the heads, down about 3' of line and connected to each other. Kind of like a x-over line kit but longer. I'm wondering if my pump just can't keep pressure up due to the larger volume needed now, but it doesn't seem like that should be enough volume increase to cause an impact. There are 1/4" lines coming out of the heads down to a T where it is a single 3/8" line to the manifold where it hits a check valve. With just a street tune on, @ idle on start up I'm seeing about 50psi. When I switch over to WVO, pressure spikes up due to the FASS pump on the veg side. When I switch back over pressure his hovering at idle around 55-65psi on diesel. When I hit the skinny pedal even just slightly it drops to about 40psi on the gauge. If I stomp on it, can get as low as 25psi. Truck runs exactly the same no matter what. Obviously if this is a real accurate reading, I'm doing damage. I have similar readings on stock tuning too.

Fuel filters are fairly new, but I'm going to change them anyways. Also thought about moving the pressure sender up to the fuel bowl temporarily to see if it changes, but intuition is telling me pressure is pressure is pressure no matter where you're reading on a closed system. I am reading on the V3 manifold for the sole purpose of being able to monitor both D2 #'s and Veg#'s. FWIW even on veg pressure fluctuates, anywhere from 75psi all the way down to 50psi dependant on skinny pedal application.

So I want to see what you guys are getting... kind of interested to see what gauges specifically you're using too. I was told by someone it's the ISSPRO gauge, but I have to think more people than just ME are using it!!!

Thanks guys.

EDIT* I also should mention I have a BRAND NEW Ford fuel pump on the truck too. Pressure drops the same with stock tuning.

2006 F-250 6.0 4x4 Vegistroked
SCT Xcal2 w/Innovative Diesel Tuning 466/772 7/19/08
Black smoke don't mean it's broke... it means your tuning sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Paypal can go fuk themselfs... Buy me a beer the next time we meet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011, 04:29 PM
06powerstroke
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Re: Your fuel pressure gauges and readings?

I had my Autometer FP gauge when my truck had a stock fuel system. It is tapped into a billet filter cover. I was getting about 45psi at idle, and 30 under WOT, not sure if I have the updated spring or not. So I added a 150gph FASS. Now it holds 52psi under all conditions.

On a side note my buddies ISSPRO trans gauge fluctuates like crazy, from like 160-220 and back down in like a minute...
Pioneer double din, JL components, 3 10" Pioneer subs
Old 02-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Mdub707
Damnkids Motorsports
Member's Gallery

I thought about getting a pump, but the FASS on the veg side should be good enough to keep pressure up and the gauge still fluctuates, this is why I wanted to see others setups.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Arctic Fox
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

I have an Autometer ultralite II guage, tapped into the test port next to the regulator cover, also have the updated ford reg spring kit.
Reads about 67psi at idle and fluctuates about 2 or 3 psi
Will stay around 50 or so at wot with extreme street tune
Spearco IC, Ported Intake, Powermax, 4" Exhaust
BPD Oil Cooler w/CWK, Oil By-Pass Filter
40,000 miles
FOR SALE
Old 02-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Sniper32
That Guy
Member's Gallery

Im running GS gauges tapped into a billet fuel filter cap.
Idle 68 psi
Normal acceleration- fluctuates 2-3 psi
WOT- drops to 50 psi
Thats running Erics xtreme street tune on the stock pump

If You Aint Infantry You Aint Chit!
04 250 cc/sb - ARP, Toyo, Procomp, Sinister, Innovative, PHP, Edge, Isspro, etc
Old 02-08-2011, 09:18 PM
2 Stroker
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Gauge being used?: Autometer-- Phantom II
Where you are reading pressure from?: Test port 6.0L Fuel Pressure Adapter
Do you have upgraded fuel return spring?: Yes-- Before install 50lbs idle and 44 WOT now 62 idle and 58 WOT
2 stroker
Fuel Reg. Kit 3C3Z-9T517-AG
Amsoil By-Pass(Amsoil 5w40)
Delo ELC-coolant Filter
pulling 14,000 lb Alpenlite 5er
97 F350 4x4 PSD CC LB
PacBrake&ATS converter lockup
3" dp 4" exhaust
TruCool 28,000 lb cooler
Tymar Intake
EGT,Boost,Trans
Old 02-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Mdub707
Damnkids Motorsports
Member's Gallery

Sounds like you guys have the same issue with pressure dropping almost 20 lbs. Guess I will try and order the spring kit, it's cheap enough I suppose. I'll see where that takes me. Thanks guys. Still wouldn't mind more input here...
Old 02-09-2011, 02:56 PM
jdc753
6Leaker
Member's Gallery

Send a message via AIM to jdc753

Gauge being used?: Isspro Performax
Where you are reading pressure from?: Billet filter cap
Do you have upgraded fuel return spring?: No

Fuel pressure idle is 55psi (sometimes 50psi, but its a day to day difference instead of a fast fluctuation)

Stock tuning there is little to no drop, might pull it down to 50 from 55 when running hard.

Tuned (Xtreme race) I could pull it down into the low 40's maybe lower.

Few weeks back when I gelled up I was reading 25psi TOPS and it would drop to 0 when dropped into gear, truck would run smooth for about a mile up the road before you could start to feel/hear a change.
4" RCD lift, a bunch of stereo gear and a computer
Old 02-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Mdub707
Damnkids Motorsports
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Gauge being used?: Isspro Performax
Where you are reading pressure from?: Billet filter cap
Do you have upgraded fuel return spring?: No

Fuel pressure idle is 55psi (sometimes 50psi, but its a day to day difference instead of a fast fluctuation)

Stock tuning there is little to no drop, might pull it down to 50 from 55 when running hard.

Tuned (Xtreme race) I could pull it down into the low 40's maybe lower.

Few weeks back when I gelled up I was reading 25psi TOPS and it would drop to 0 when dropped into gear, truck would run smooth for about a mile up the road before you could start to feel/hear a change.
Mine drops on stock tuning even. I'm just running the street tune because as most of you know these things wont get out of their own way stock. Even 1/8 throttle from a dead stop drops it this much.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:59 PM
jdc753
6Leaker
Member's Gallery

Send a message via AIM to jdc753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdub707 View Post
Mine drops on stock tuning even. I'm just running the street tune because as most of you know these things wont get out of their own way stock. Even 1/8 throttle from a dead stop drops it this much.
Damn, some sort of restriction in the line somewhere? or could your pump just be crapping out. Your FASS is only for the veggie system right? and you have a stock pump for #2?

Worst part is I have been driving stock for soo long lately that sometimes it even feels peppy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 124
01REDSTROKER, 02POWERSTROKE7.3, 03-blue-Powerstroke, 04 stroker, 04harley250, 04psdexcursion, 06-sixoh, 06powerstroke, 07-OUTLAW, 123rday68, 19Dually97, 1toncrew, 2 Stroker, 2006powerleaker, 393LX, Arctic Fox, bad moose, BIG99, BigBlack03, BigDeal21, black02eb, blair, BlkWolfe, boosted93cobra, bpa658, buc1096, Bushwakd, bustednuckles, cam406406, captainharley6.0, chappy, compgun, Constantfix, crack_7.3, Dangyo, Dave, davidkstyler, dexleo2, Diesel Jay, Dieselfoot, Dieselholic, dits145, dustinz85, Fever, flexyford, ford rules, fordman4286, FTREE50, FX4 F2-Fifty, G-Sqrd, gjoski515, gmblack, Hillz, hill_billiez, huck2080, huntersk2k5, id: 5520, jcc01, JD F350, jdc753, jessduen1, JESTERxHEAD, JimmyO, jonnysteals, JS98, jsimon724, K9-K141, Kilroy, koky131, kpasichnyk, Krause, leechapple22, LOSTCAUSEPOWERSTROKE, Low Key, madmaxz, majek5, Marty, Mdub707, Michael, mjcolemn, mkelly, Monstar, monstered, morepower02, neverkickn, okiebindernut, orrwhat, OuchThatHurt, outfitter540, paranoidredneck, pccurr, PowerSub, prplpowerranger, RazorsEDGE, rebel6.0, rentstdi, rmkking6, Roenicke95stroker, RRF985, sethro19, shocka04, SickStroke6.0, Silverback, sly1types, Sniper32, sonnyy13n, Steve'O, StewB, stroke of luck, stroker62, Stroker67, Taylor0369, Thunderheader, tmars51, waygeekierthanu, Weatherlite, westcoast6.0l, wetnsloppy4x, william_04_x, Work&Play, zgcain, Zmann, zx800x