Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Excursion fuel Tank

22K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  m j 
#1 ·
Just got done mounting excursion fuel tank into my 99 f-350 took about 5 hours off and on but pretty easy. I got the tank from gas excursion and the fuel pump came with tank so i called the pump manufacture and they said it would be fine to use to pump diesel a little slow at 55gph but i pump through a water seperator and a small micron filter and then in to my 3/4 vent hose for main tank. Have pump on switch in cab and anytime i get less than 1/2 tun on and 15 min later while driving we are full I did vent and fill tube modification and when i went to fill up between that excursion tank and my stock tank that was on E i put in 76 gallons whew. I also routed the vent hose for excursion tank over to the vent hose for stock tank encase the switch is left on the fuel will just pump in circle and not onto ground. I posted this because there was not much information on this mod and it was pretty easy if you have torch and welder I have 4 inch exhaust and for it to fit I had to loosen shock lower brkt and move it to other side of mount tab and then make new exhaust mounts to hold exhaust over so not to rub tank 1 inch clearance each side pretty tight but its a big tank. hope this will help some of you considering this it is clean look you really have to look to even notice it there.
thanks

#3 ·
Post some tomorrow.

#8 ·
Sorry guys blowing snow and is below zero will pull truck into shop tomorrow get pictures if i can fiqure out posting them.

#17 ·
[/IMG] Rh side real tight between exhaust and shock had to move shock towards tire 1 inch and make new exhaust mounts.

#19 ·
[/IMG] Hard to tell it is there you can see the mounts i made on top of reciever hitch for rear tank mounts If i had more time I would have made a better rear mount off the frame rails but will do for now till i make custom rear bumper The front mounts was using 2inch channel cut down drilled and welded into place the tank mounts with four bolts 2 rear and 2 front basically the skid plate holds the tank. I am still working on filler but it is 90 degree up into bed floor.

#20 ·
[/IMG] Its a project have to mount winch and lights yet Have harley lights on way from A-1 Parts
Thanks

#21 ·
[/IMG]
Could not help myself shop being so warm I uncovered the boat to get pictures we are selling. If it sells I will miss that boat it just is not kid friendly and we have 10 month old twin boys. any questions on fuel tank install i will try to help but the hardest part i thought was cutting out the x frame that hold the spare tire.
Thanks

#23 ·
[/IMG] Kinda blurry but it was cold outside

#27 ·
It will hold just over 50 if harpooned 44-46 stock. I love the extra range I get 16 mpg with excusion and stock tank that is 1200 miles plus.:D

#29 ·
It is for sale and yes it is alot of fun. But problem is it is made for adult fun not kid friendly and we have 10 month twins so it must go! Hello pontoon boat and maybe a jet ski to boot LOL:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.