PO672 Cylinder 2 Glow plug - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 6.0L Power Stroke Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:52 AM
tsedsell
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

PO672 Cylinder 2 Glow plug

On my way home from work last night I noticed my CEL was on so today I had the code pulled and this is what it was. PO672 Cylinder 2 Glow Plug Circuit. Does this mean the glow plug is bad? I Have a tripped planned for Florida the first weekend of March so now I gotta get this fixed along with some other things. I really hope this is something simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 12:56 AM
coysdieselspecialties
Sky isn't the limit
Member's Gallery

Re: PO672 Cylinder 2 Glow plug

Most likely it's the glow plug that's one of the easier ones to change
Old 02-07-2011, 12:56 AM
billd
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

I had the code for glow plug 1, it was the relay harness that was bad.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:58 AM
tsedsell
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

How do you tell which is bad?
Old 02-07-2011, 01:03 AM
willholl79
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

subscribing.......................

2008 F-250 XLT CC SB 4x4
6.4 Auto, 6in Procomp lift, 37x12.50r20

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi7615 View Post
Unfortunately, there are too many animals wanting handouts and too many bleeders willing to give away other peoples money that it won't be easy to remove the stupid one.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:10 AM
coysdieselspecialties
Sky isn't the limit
Member's Gallery

There is a specific pinpoint test for that code but the first thing I would do is remove the glow plug and ohms test and u can also test for open in harness to gpcm to all this it will require muti meter and wiring diagram fastest thing to try is the glow plug it's 9 times out of ten if it just that one code with no
Gpcm comm codes or anything relating to that system the glow plug should fix trust me it's the cheapiest start glow plugs at the dealer are only about 10-15 max
Old 02-07-2011, 01:13 AM
tsedsell
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

ok..I think ill just go pick up a glow plug and change it out...so another question....How to change it??
Old 02-07-2011, 01:24 AM
willholl79
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

I've read here and on other forums that 6.0 glow plugs rarely fail. 1 tech that claims to have worked on 6.0s since their debut said he as only replace 1 glow plug since 2003. Most of the time it's the wiring harness or GPCM(glow plug control module). I have a code on GP # 1 on my 05, but have not had time to trace it down. I do hace to plug the truck up at 50 degrees or colder to not have starting issues. When I get time I'm gonna take a voltage/ohm meter and see what the problem is.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:25 AM
coysdieselspecialties
Sky isn't the limit
Member's Gallery

Remove air filter and it's the first one on the driver side ,right beneath valve cover,if it's a 2003 u can just pull the harness out by hand because it has a sold metal rail,later models don't have rail so it's a little harder all they do is push in the side of rocker cover and a o-ring seals it to cover so I would spray with penetrate oil to loosen o-ring and u will have to use a flat head screw driver to get out that make a special tool but it's about 65 dollars, then 10mm deep socket remove glow plug and reinstall new one just snug don't over tighten
Old 02-07-2011, 01:27 AM
coysdieselspecialties
Sky isn't the limit
Member's Gallery

I have had this same problem about three times just last week replaced glow plug cleared codes retest ok no cel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 69
04stroker, 06 stroker, 06powerstroke, 08twinturbo, 12vkaleb, 2000XLifted, 6.0DuallyDad, 95gasser, a2elvis, Austin Davis, avm112, Backwoods Electric, bad moose, BBowden73, BigDeal21, billd, bismic1, blackqball, blownpickup, bond james bond, bryan213, bustednuckles, Chris Delcour, coysdieselspecialties, Day-Day, deathwishracer, Demaz58, dexleo2, dieselvrgn, F-127, Fever, Goose, HankyD, HD-tech-NH, Herman68, jacooper77535, Johnboy3, Johnny77Mutt, jorris83, JrStroker, Kountryboy 6.0, ktmrydr686, KYcopespitter7.3, middlemanjw, Mike0972, missingsc331, MN_MountainMan, muchi56, muddynoll, Nutz, OldDirty, OneStockQuik6.0, pjerrn, POWERED SPARKLESS, powerstroke765, rednexxxcursion, RRF985, RW_Kaspar, SDER1, silverslug, Specializeddieselnw, Steiner, strkn4, tsedsell, Wff250, whodathought, willholl79, yellowhorse7, ZCMiller