Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

push loc diesel rated hose?

14K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  Critical 
#1 ·
like a dumb ass when i did my regulated return line i used the standard summit twist loc hose and it worked fine for about a year. but now the hoses have hardened to the point that the are brittle i never checked to see if it diesel rated. my question is what hose can i use that is diesel rated and can be used with push lock fittings.

#2 ·
Parker pushloc hose.

#5 ·
Makes sense. Parker fittings...... Parker hose!:D:poke:

#7 ·
What you are looking for is Parker 801 Push-loc hose. Most all hydraulic shops should carry it. There is a more expensive hose called Parker 821fr it has a fire resistant layer.

#10 ·
It is 801 / 836 trust me.

The other thing is color is not a dictator of anything other than its the color you picked. Blue doesn't mean anything. You can get 801 is grey blue red green etc.

I have never even heard of 863 in push loc or any hose. I think maybe 836 was meant and technically only 801 and 836 are diesel rated.

You want to use 801 or 836. Those are the only two in push-loc. I know some have used 821fr but IMO its not tech rated for diesel.

#12 ·
when you go to pu the hose you can check it just to reasure yourself.

It will have Parker PUSH-LOK PLUS 801-(what ever size number) 2,1 MPa (300PSI) MSHA IC-40/22 Stamped on it along with the date it was manf and the size in mm and inch

#13 ·
Good thing I saw this thread, I was fixin to order that summit racing fuel hose.. I'll have to check the specs on it now..

#14 ·
No the racing hose is fine and in fact better than even the parker stuff . It is outer ss and the inner liner is nitrile. Nitrile is 100% ok with diesel.

#15 ·
Ive been using 801 on my WVO filtering set-up for a coulpe years now.

Thats thousands of gallons of 200* WVO @ 90 psi.

#16 ·
The only thing that is an issue and its only possibly a very long term one wouldl be with 100% Bio diesel. That stuff is a PITA to get hose that is impervious to it. These will all hold up likely for many many years but the only hose inner liners that is 100% compatible is teflon. Jegs has there top racing line with that but do not have it in the larger sizes we would use.

It really is not needed as IMO its a very long term issue but apparently it can harden the hose after years and years of constant use.

#20 ·
No I said their RACING hose was good or better and it is also rated for diesel. The Twist Loc is not their racing hose nor is it diesel rated. Racing hose has a nitrile line the other is a rubber product liner.

I will list he exact hose that you can use and can not in jsut a second from JEGs and Summit.

#21 ·
This should eliminate any confusion.

Hose that CAN be used with Diesel:

Parker Plus 801 Push-Lok

Parker Plus 836 Push-Lok

JEGS Pro-Flo 350 Series Braided Hose

JEGS Pro-Flo 200 Series Braided Hose

Aeroquip's TFE racing hose This is the best of the best for Hose IMO. It is over kill for most but if you want hose that is 100% compatable with bio diesel and just about every other liquid know this is it. Teflon inner liner is the reason.

Summit Racing Stainless Hose

Russell ProFlex Hose

Hose that CANNOT be used:

JEGS Push-Loc Hose

Summit Racing® Twist-Tite Hose

The push lock hose use push lok fittings the Other hose uses the "AN" fittings

#22 ·
Why does everyone want to use push lock hose?

#23 ·
Because you can assemble disassemble in the field. It is cheap and very easy to use and does not require anything more than a cutter. The AN fittings require much more careful cutting and separation of the layers to seat the fittings. The fitting are 2x more costly. Further its specs far exceed anything we need for a maxium of 70 psi fuel.

#24 ·
The only time I used push N lock it was much harder to get the hose seated completely on the fitting as compared to assembling braided hose. I never understood how anyone had any issue assembling braided and AN fittings.

Didn't realize push N lock was much cheaper than the others.

#25 ·
With PL you can use the industrial JIC fittings not the purdy AN fittings.

I have never had any issue with push loc fittings. A little bit of heat and even the big -10JIC slide right on. A bit of soapy water or light hyd oil and they slip on easy. A heat gun if you have weak hands or forearm and they shoudl be a none issue. But the one thing you mention is the mistake I see most often. People do not pay attention to how far they and seated them. It would be very unlikely it would every be an issue but you should fully seat every one regardless.

BTW pushing against a wall or workshop table makes it even easier to seat the fittings. Clippers we used for clearing bush to open up a small clear line of sight also work wonderful for cutting the hose. At store like Gander Mountain they even have the razor cutters like they use as the shops for only $15 and they would be the best.

#26 ·
I forget about the JIC fittings. I am sure that makes all the difference in the world in price.

The only time I used push loc, probably 10+ years ago, it was very specific about not using heat or any oil to install the fitting, it needed to be dry. I guess things have changed since then.

#27 ·
This hose is rated to 300 degrees so heat can not be an issue unless you get stupid with it. The only oil that cxan be used is light oil and ideal warm soapy water or just water/spit if you want to take no chances. Honestly anything you use short of a heavy oil or grease is gonna be scraped clean off by the first barb and it is directly in Parkers instructions. Still if you do not need it why use it. I have done it both ways. I prefer heat. Of course it has also be below freezing almost the whole time lately so.....

If I was going for looks I would then use the Anodized AN fittings and SS Teflon lined hose and put clear heat shrink tubing over the hose before putting the last end on. Then after heat the tubing. You get the looks and no chafing issues. The cut the SS without strands issues IMO a chop saw works best then a band saw. They seem to make the cleanest cuts that I have tried so far.

#29 ·
We have used thousands of feet of PL hose in our fuel systems and around the shop. The color of the hose isnt supposed to make a differance but unless its a differance in the batches the colors do make some differnce.

Black is very hard to push on, I have used it for years and some of it I have used a few years ago and is now getting old is rotting out. The outside gets all cracked and comes apart. Never had the black blow off a fitting though.

The blue goes right on a fitting easy w/o fighting it. Have not had any rot out yet but have not used it as long as the black. Problems I have run into with the blue is fitting close to heat like in the valley of an engine tend to blow the hose off.

Either way its the best option for economilcal hose and fittings and works very well.

#31 ·
My question is are the standard summit twist loc fittings ok with the parker hoses? Are they rated for diesel fuel?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.