Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

A video of my setup in action

2K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  wint 
#1 ·
Just a clip of the dash. 0-80. Gauges are boost (35psi on top) and EGTs (bottom). Does alright, I want to make a few changes/additions including tuning a and a IC and/or water to cool the thing down. Enjoy.

#10 ·
Looks good man

What is the oil code? I have 160cc / 80% (I know it has to be running out of oil and fuel) but I only get an over boost code.

#15 ·
I haven't thrown an oil code either with my 1's... I did when I had AB's in the trucks but split shots are oil hungry. It really just depends on the truck.

Or a moded 17, if money is really tight. :D
I agree 100% to this... Get the modded 17*. Its cheap, it's all you really need and well..its cheap. LOL

#16 ·
my modded 17 still gets it done.... just realized that one of tony's higher tunes (that I usually don't use) asks for 3200 and the pump delivers at 46% dc.

#18 ·
The injectors are 170s with stock nozzles. Ill get a HPOP, im gonna need it since im gunning for 400hp. But the trans is "built". The guy said it was atleast, i want to try different tuning on it before i go back to him. If it still does that he is buying it back and im going with a manual. It has strange heat issues. Driving on the highway it stays cool, get in town and it heats way up. In a drive thru the other day it was 200* :eek::mad:

#19 ·
The injectors are 170s with stock nozzles. Ill get a HPOP, im gonna need it since im gunning for 400hp. But the trans is "built". The guy said it was atleast, i want to try different tuning on it before i go back to him. If it still does that he is buying it back and im going with a manual. It has strange heat issues. Driving on the highway it stays cool, get in town and it heats way up. In a drive thru the other day it was 200* :eek::mad:
:doh: Sounds like you need to find a better trans builder or get your tunes readjusted. Did you flush out the tranny cooler before you reinstalled your new trans?

#23 ·
That I don't know but if a ZF5 is anything like an auto you will need to rip everything out the front to remove the rear. I really you are over thinking this way too much when people beat on more powerful & heavier setups with mildly modded stock trannys & your thinking about a manual swap because your's won't hold 250hp.

#25 ·
Not much but this was my 97 with stock fuel system running a 95 PCM & a PHP chip burned for it so the tunes weren't perfect. Stock auto with a tripple disc converter, 4.10 gears & 33s.

100hp tune-

#29 ·
It doesn't take much to cook one of these trans. I burnt up the trans in my Turbo IDI with 15000 of a stock rebuild. PO had reciept so no warr but it will slip under hard accel or a load. The IDI will almost run with this truck. Will run even with me if I don't launch well. But it had all it could with the stock components

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.