Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What I'll be towing with my PSD..

3K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  2stangs8689 
#1 ·
I know most of you guys are into trucks, but this is my Turbo Mustang, best of 8.62@159 this year on Drag radials.

Motor shot, from my phone...Sorry. lol

Video of where my avatar came from.

My friend Mike and I, racing for the Championship this year.

One of my favorite's, cause of the clear shot of the chute coming out... :hehe:

#3 ·
All said and done, probably close to $35k, but that's buying everything pretty much new minus the roller, which of course wasn't new. I've had bad luck buying used stuff, so the stack of receipts is pretty big.

The list of parts is extremely long. lol.

Loved taking it to cruise nights and making all the old Chevy guys "have" to stop and look. lol

#9 ·
The only thing keeping me from driving it more was the 5" downpipe, and C16 Race fuel is $12.80 a gallon. Took it to some cruise nights, it was registered and inspected, the looks you get with a chute hanging off the back of your car is priceless. LOLLOLLOLLOL

#12 ·
very impressive car to say the least.

#16 ·
Thanks guys. The orange car in the one video is a good friend of mine, he's been 8.39@166 with that car, his is a "street" car also, and also on drag radials. It's a very unique build, it has a 24V Modular motor in it.

#18 ·
Car looks good. I Like how you only have the hot side of the intercooler piping going through the firewall visibly, instead of both. What management is on it? I'm guessing BS2 or 3. Looks like it does well. Do you plan on letting that 88mm breath and turning it up soon?! Haha

#19 ·
Thanks guys.

Actually, the 88 I believe is pretty much maxed out, wasn't seeing alot of gain at higher boost numbers, but the tune was very safe, and the car is a pig, tipping the scales with me in it at 3446 lbs.
Motor is 331 CI's.

Was actually getting ready to change rear end gears, as I was spinning the motor thru the traps at 8000rpm, out of my cams efficientcy range, and was gonna add more timing, but the year was over at that point.

Car has FAST XFI on it, with a AMS1000 with CO2 assist on the gate.

Stay tuned tho, BIG changes for this year.

#20 ·
I kind of ate my words on the bs2/3 after i saw the AMS. What heads are on that thing? I would expect an 88 to keep pushin past the mph you're trapping, but i guess that curb weight has a lot to do with it.

I could go on for days with the questions and comments, love turbo mustangs. The car looks really good and hope to maybe see you at a track sometime! I think a turbo 4 eye is gonna be next on my list after i finish my current project.

#21 ·
BS3 is engine management, whereas the AMS is the boost controller. Engine has out of the box AFR 205's on it, with Titanium retainers, and Jesel Shaft mount rocker's.

Ask all you want, I'll answer anything. Car has a Powerglide trans too.

#22 ·
I figured it wasn't BS3 because of the boost option available with the BS3. With my little experience of the BS3 stuff, in my opinion its a little easier to set up. Its definitely nice to have your datalogging all in one place too. You definitely pay for it though.
This is a friends car that I helped put together a lot. Its a 347 R block, TF heads, glyde and an 80mm T6 BW running BS3 and CO2 control. Best its been so far is a 5.60 and best mph was 135. Its a X275 car so, its all 1/8 mile. Hopefully, if we get the car to stop spinning and leave, it will be at the radial race in Georgia at the end of the month.

#27 ·
Very simple looking on the outside. In the beginning of the video i never thought it would take off that quick, nice! I bet it turns alot more heads that way.. What HP do you estimate? Its sickening how it takes 1000+hp to get a fullsize truck into the 10's but a car less than half the weight can go mid 8s, on what 750,800 hp?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.