Track Bar Problem? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Other Diesel Topics > Suspension and Drivetrain
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:26 PM
Mpoage
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Track Bar Problem?

I'm pretty sure I have a serious problem with the bearings or bushings in my track bar. When you get over about 40-45 it will shake violently and wont stop until you slow way down. Plus when its sitting still and you turn the wheel back and forth the truck moves side to side (Not good ). And when i get underneath it i can see the spot where its loose, its on the passenger side. Ive tried talking to Oreilys about what I need but there pretty much dumber than a box of rocks and dont even know what im talking about. But if anyone has had this problem before i would realy appreciate your help because im driving a little car for the time being and were expected to get 2-4 foot drifts of snow and i would realy like to get it fixed. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Matt

SCT X3 Tuned By Innovative Diesel
Straight Piped
Edge Insight
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2011, 04:13 AM
6.0Pwrstroke
Broke!
Member's Gallery

Re: Track Bar Problem?

I just replaced my track bar on my truck but i never had any kind of problems like that. the track bar is only like a hundred bucks or so, so may as well replace it and see what happens.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:35 AM
GTOKILLER
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
Member's Gallery

Re: Track Bar Problem?

sounds like trac bar for sure! AutoZone is like $100 & has a killer warranty! I done like cheap parts but the warranty sold me.

24" airbag lift, W/ digital air ride
20 x 14 Fuel Hostage, 46 x 19 x 20 Claws
4:88 gears
DPS chip, AEM CAI, 38r turbo
7" miter cut stack,

99 F 250 CC SB (orange) 4x4 PSD
99 F350 ECLB 4x4
00 F350 CCLB 4x4 PSD
2008 F350 CCLB 4x4 6.4 PSD
Reply With Quote Go to the top

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 59
06 KR, 07_powerstroke, 08BIGRIG, 1badz, 24vCRtoAStroker, 6.0Pwrstroke, 96extccabsb, Adamvabeach, ADubDiesel, az350, Barnbuilder, Betaracer, bigfords, bigjohnbyrum, bottlefed93, bpa658, cbienlein, Cuttintracks82, Cwhite, Danoarmenta, dieselvrgn, ducktape & hunnybunny, erikclaw, Fbsuperduty, GMAN1, GreenMachine, GTOKILLER, huntersk2k5, Java, jdc753, jeromejcp, K.R.Justin, kb2red, Krisco, leoneo01, Lohe, Lyrch75, Motomez, Mpoage, namerritt, nastys6.0, NCStrokin, new2deisel, OBS F350, OBSWIZ, opieg01, OUTLAW-OFFROAD, Pdt1081, PLACECRAFT20, popeye77, rndllquinn, rum4, silverghost, Strokin4life, Strokin97, Tom S, tonka250