Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Track Bar Problem?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  GTOKILLER 
#1 ·
I'm pretty sure I have a serious problem with the bearings or bushings in my track bar. When you get over about 40-45 it will shake violently and wont stop until you slow way down. Plus when its sitting still and you turn the wheel back and forth the truck moves side to side (Not good :doh:). And when i get underneath it i can see the spot where its loose, its on the passenger side. Ive tried talking to Oreilys about what I need but there pretty much dumber than a box of rocks and dont even know what im talking about. But if anyone has had this problem before i would realy appreciate your help because im driving a little car for the time being and were expected to get 2-4 foot drifts of snow and i would realy like to get it fixed. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Matt

#2 ·
I just replaced my track bar on my truck but i never had any kind of problems like that.:confused: the track bar is only like a hundred bucks or so, so may as well replace it and see what happens.

#3 ·
sounds like trac bar for sure! AutoZone is like $100 & has a killer warranty! I done like cheap parts but the warranty sold me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.