Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

*** Single Turbo

52K views 394 replies 72 participants last post by  MotoStroker 
#1 ·
Got the cab of my 2010 up in the air yesterday a little before lunch. Stock turbos and other associated parts have been removed and the new single has been mocked up and is sitting in the valley. Having the steel shop laser cut us some flanges and plates, awaiting on a couple parts to arrive, which should all be here by Monday or Tuesday. If things go as planned, we may be driving it by the end of the week. Only time will tell, had a little more room in there than we'd planned. Should be interesting.

#4 ·
How many are running single chargers?

#6 ·
Then i'd say it's unique :D can't wait to see how it turns out!

#12 ·
Whats the price point going to be? And what does the size of the charger compare to (S400, S300 and so on)?

#16 ·
Not sure on price as of right now, trying to keep it as low and competitive as possible, we'll depend on how many pieces we need to have cast. We're going to build this one all by hand and make sure to get the turbocharger setup correctly with the right housings and wheel profiles, then we'll get with H&S for live custom tuning. Once we think we've got a great final product, we'll go forward with making complete kits for the public.

:doh:

Audi seems to use the VGT in a performance application to win. They built a little car called an R15. You might have heard of it.

Porsche does it too...

Technical Specs - 911 Turbo - All 911 Models - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG

:poke:
Didn't say VGT's didn't have a place, just trying to point out that the stock turbochargers on the 6.4 weren't engineered for the 550+ level.

#19 ·
It is not out of the question by any means. It just works out with H&S as they are only about 3 hours south of us. So live street tuning and dyno tuning is readily available with them. Would be very open to the idea of working up some custom tunes with Eric at Innovative...

#23 ·
cant wait to see the finished product man, gonna be freakin sweet!

#26 ·
Spent some time on the phone with Mike at KEM Performance this afternoon, looks like we'll be able to offer complete custom tuning for this system, as soon as the truck is up and running we'll start working with Mike on dialing all of this in to hopefully make teh ultimate daily driver application. Better power, great low end response, and no more egt and drive pressure issues.

#28 ·
That will be awesome as long as i dont have the latest update from spartan LOL
guess i better check an make sure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.