Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

This is for you guys with 2011's

5K views 42 replies 17 participants last post by  Jonesin 
#1 ·
Might want to keep a fire extinguisher on board.:D

Attachments

#3 ·
I like how he takes pleasure in the fact that someones vehicle may catch on fire and burn up with a smile at the end of sentence.

What comes around goes around!

#6 ·
I like how he takes pleasure in the fact that someones vehicle may catch on fire and burn up with a smile at the end of sentence.

What comes around goes around!

That is certainly not what I intended. Relax.

Yeah that appears to be a gasser thing

Yep! I meant to put it in the gasser forum. My mistake. :doh:

Fail... and from a 6.oh guy no less :hehe

Can't we all just get along?? :ford:

#4 ·
Yeah that appears to be a gasser thing

#7 ·
I believe dodge had a massive recall as well, same with crysler and with dodge it was half the trucks and cars they sent out
I'll try to find a link to it

#9 ·
There's just no limit to what the diesel heads will do to try and denegrate us gassers. They are desperate to find something to crow about but it just ain't there. From the 2003 6 leaker on, all diesel engines suck for one reason or another compared to a gas rig, unless........you tow every day, and even then, it's a close cost situation at best.

#10 ·
LMAO, that 10 banger will never keep up with a diesel so sorry nice try.

Crow? Hows it taste?

#12 ·
Trucks been straight piped for 3 years. Let me know when you break a spark plug I'll give you some pointer on how to remove them.

BTW you dont lift a cab for a dpf issue, its under the truck.

#14 ·
I think your loosing your self, must be all those gas fumes. :pointlaugh:

#19 ·
Pappy does have point, ill admit i thought owning a powerstroke was going to be everything i wanted in a truck. Heard all the storys on how reliable the powerstrokes were and how much more the power was worth.Over 10 thousand dollars later plus the cost of my truck. I am goin back to gassers. About 98 percent of people on this site dont haul enough to have a diesel. GASSER FTW!

#35 ·
HAHA, It's not about hauling stuff strictly anymore....it's about Hauling A** most of the time now.

Sorry Pappy but if he has any decent mods on that 6.4TT, it will easily do 500+ RWHP, the Gas trucks won't even touch those #'s, not even a Raptor!

Performance, Pulling or Fuel Economy, Diesels are where it's at these days.
:psn:

I think the new [GAS] TT-V6 coming out in the F-150 will be pretty neat but the potential is there from having Forced Induction on the gas motor...

#20 ·
Been there too, dude. I really did love my 2002 7.3 but the reality is that even towing a 23k tank of an RV once in a while, the diesel was just one thing after another to either make it "better" or for more power. I'll swear that my V-10 has more power with $500 in programmer and exhaust/air intake than $3000 I spent from the beginning on my 7.3 and runs smoother and faster. So screw the mileage argument, it's reliability for me.

#21 ·
Been there too, dude. I really did love my 2002 7.3 but the reality is that even towing a 23k tank of an RV once in a while, the diesel was just one thing after another to either make it "better" or for more power. I'll swear that my V-10 has more power with $500 in programmer and exhaust/air intake than $3000 I spent from the beginning on my 7.3 and runs smoother and faster. So screw the mileage argument, it's reliability for me.
Exactly! Spend over 15 thousand on a truck. I want it to run!

After owning a 6.0 i worry about it not starting up or blowing up everytime i drive it

#22 ·
Really? Now we start bashing 6.7 because of a simple issue that is being addressed? Thats sad guys, you might have hated your diesel, but the people that own the new 6.7 love there's and use it just ofr its purpose, if you don't like it, or don't like diesel, don't join this website

#23 ·
Really? if you don't like it, or don't like diesel, don't join this website
That has to be the dumbest response I have read in along time. A lot of us on here had diesels when we joined this site. That was YEARS before you joined!!!!!!!!!! If you don't wan't people who drive gas trucks on here, then try and convince Mikey to take out the gasser section,,GOOD LUCK!!

Now just chill out..............:D

( I only used the part of your post that was applicable to my response)

#26 ·
It's you diesel haeds that hy-jack this gasser thread and start in on how diesels are the greatest and gas rigs suck. If you oil burners would just stay on your own thread/forums and leave us gassers alone, it will be fine with me. Most of us gassers have been down the diesel route and know a little about your problems, so you will get no sympathy here. Just saying-

#29 ·
Maybe you should go change your spark plugs on your piece of #### v10 before it blows up
I'd rather push a diesel truck, than drive a v10

#37 ·
You can make a 1995 7.3 Haul alot of ass
I've seen a few on here, and a few around

#38 ·
i have a 97 manual, my buddies got a auto 460 and i beat him. but i wouldnt mind owning one

#40 ·
Here, I'll stick my dick out and see how long it takes to get shot off... I think a great benefit to the whole Toyota acceleration issue is that all the automakers are now more sensitive to safety related vehicle component defects that show a trend, as in many units failing in the same manor as their brothers. You have to admire a company that addresses its faults and makes the product right again. How did you guys extrapolate that the body control module recall was gasser related only? I didn't think I saw any related verbiage in the recall bulletin. The argument for gas vs diesel is pretty damn close now that the price of diesel fuel is being so damned hyped up.

#41 ·
thats me i cant afford my truck i dont tow and im geting about 16 mpg i dont drive hard
like most i see and with the price of diesel its just to much a month for me and yes ive tryed saling it but i got tomuch in it and nobody wants to pay 6000 for a truck with 327000 miles on it

#43 ·
ok heres my .02 i loved my 6.0 couldnt see paying 5k to fix it and another 5k to make it "bullet proof" she only didnt start twice dead winter (below 0 in Alabama)no heater didnt drive her for 3 weeks before. That being said my 7.3 is tuff no motor issues ever but dont compare to the speed of a 6.0. Nothing pulls like a diesel. But i do love my gas motors cheap parts stroker cranks the aftermarket world has the door wide open and its safe to say 70 % of the gas motors ive built would out run any modded diesel( nothing 2 extreme) the other 30% was just boats and atvs etc. But theres no comparison between the 2 they are both great but after having my trucks im going back to older models and just swaping motors and what ever else I dont like about them. I plan on having 1 diesel and 2 gassers. 1 being a Harley......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.