Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Seen this yet

10K views 73 replies 31 participants last post by  Iceman56 
#1 ·
Doesnt look good, we need some more tunes

#6 ·
The tuner this guy is run is canned. H&S is good for the daily user, but us HP junkies need something custom.
Innovative was already throwing down higher numbers than the H&S box and Eric is only getting farther into development with that :evil

#8 ·
i raced a custom tuned dmax when i had my 6.4 running ID xstreet from a dig even in 2wd i dominated him but from a 60 roll he pulled on me some... i was putting down prolly 75 more hp on the xstreet but the dmax weighed around 1100+ lbs less so you gotta take that into consideration too..... however i dont know what the 11s weigh in at?

#15 ·
also.... my 6.7 will roast the tires through 3rd gear dry pavement stock with 3.31 gears in it.... i dont really care if a 11 dmax will pull a truck in the 1/8 stock, i wouldnt trade mine in for nothin to get a max instead.... the looks better better equiped more comfy i love it!!

#19 ·
What does it matter which one wins in a drag race? What really matters is how the truck does when hauling or towing, which it does really well. I am a Ford guy, but made the mistake of owning an '07 GMC 3500 Sierra Classic for 4 years (because I didn't want a 6.0L). It was a comfy but it doesn't even hold a candle to my stock 11 Superduty, the GMC was tuned and my Superduty out pulls it and the interior is nicer also (the GMC was fully loaded and my Superduty is a Lariat Ultimate). All I can say is that Ford makes the best trucks out there, if they didn't they wouldn't sell 2 HD pickups to every 1 sold by GM or Dodge combined!:ford:

#23 ·
It was tuned and yes the Powerstroke out pulls it. My GMC was a pile of crap, I always had something going wrong with it also, the last straw was it was starting to lose the tranny at 75k (and I'm pretty easy on my vehicles). It had plenty of power but it didn't handle the loads very well (10k-14k loaded trailers that were weighed) and it liked to run really hot on the EGT's so I always had to back off the throttle on the hills. Now that truck did have a lot more power than my old '00 F-350 Powerstroke did with intake, exhaust, and 75 hp tune.

#28 ·
GEORGE: who pissed in your wheaties ha. Actually, I've ridden with friends that had LBZs, and I have owned a 6.7l and now own a 6.4l...both the 6.4l and 6.7l are overall a better working truck. The only thing that the LBZ has over my 6.4L is the unloaded street smooth ride, but I wouldn't trade my 6.4l for anything. Very pleased so far. The 6.7l is in a whole another ball park than any chevy 2500 I've driven...still talking work purposes here(I have used both pulling heavy construction equipment between Florida and South Carolina). The chevy's loaded driving characteristics were ''shaky'', the truck wasn't comfortable when loaded...broke one tie rod...wondered on the road, etc. Power wasn't an issue though, just not much of a work truck from my experience.

#32 ·
have you drove a new 11 Dmax with a load? I am curious to see how much better handling they are

#35 ·
I was in the passenger seat filming.... I couldn't believe it. the dyno sheets look comparable other than the ford makes peak power and tq at much lower rpm. the ford is an f350 with 3.55 gears and 35 inch tires. dmax was completely bone stock. we will be taking the dmax on a snowmobile trip soon, i still think my ford will pull a trailer better!

#37 ·
i dont have experience with the duramax but i do have a tuned 6.0 and i can say by far the stock 6.7 will out tow my truck hands down! I tow a 28ft V-nose and comparing my 6.0 with xtreme street and the stock 6.7 powerstroke is no comparison! 980 miles with the 6.0 and same trip back with 6.7 from selinsgrove pa to albany Ga. The 6.7 maybe kicked down 4 times the whole trip and never got over 2300 rpms. Whereas if i would have tried to even put my 6l in cruise control it would kick down every 1/2 mile.

#40 ·
that's the problem.. it has a Diablo tuner on it LOL

#58 ·
Anyone else notice the dealer plate on the DMax? Im sure Taylor Chevy in Rexburg, ID would be very happy with the 21 year old hot rodding their truck.

#67 ·
(No, I haven't driven an '11 dmax loaded(heavy)...towed two sea doos(not much of a load)...dmax did great, but so did the '11 F250 under the same load. The loaded chevy I was referring to was the LBZ that my dad used to own and my buddies LBZ.

I drove an '11 dmax first (grew up a chevy guy)when looking for a new truck, and it didn't impress me as much as the '11 F250 did...talking first impressions. The dmax was a nice, smooth riding truck, but the F250 felt more responsive(less lag) and the interior is more aesthetic to me. Everything about the F250 felt nicer and of better quality...I don't buy trucks to drag race...as long as they can pass the slow ass, moving road block drivers that don't deserve a license...then I'm happy! ha)

Yeah I am real curious how the 11 dmax carries a load. I hear ya on not buying a drag truck, I think I am done with that as well. My new one will be used for what it's built for and what I bought it for, work. Maybe later find a old cheap truck for modding and competition.

#70 ·
I wish Ford would have stuck with the twin setup, seems like they went all out on everything else on the motor then shorted it on the most important piece.

#71 ·
:whs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.