Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

I want to do the headlamp conversion. So i want some opinions

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  mallardslayer07 
#1 ·
Here is my truck. I am going to see about finding an alternative to the amber light housings on the visor. Im not taking it off because......im not haha.
Anyhow, this is the truck and some options i have looked at. They are kinda in the order that i was thinking i liked the most being the first set.
I would like to hear some input on the truck and the headlamps. Anything is open and i appreciate any info ahead of time. :psn::ford:

See less See more
#2 ·
I like the black and clears. I'll be ordering those shortly...

Just say no to projector lights. (the last ones) :lame:

#3 ·
I have heard the same and have not been too impressed. I will say they look good on the 6.4's though.

#4 ·
Your truck has enough chrome, that a regular set of 05+ head lights would look good rather than the darker lights.

Linda like Tims truck. The shiny lights compliment the chrome wheels.

#5 ·
I do agree! But i also thought that the Black and Chromes look good because of the Mineral Grey and Silver. But we shall see. I will definitly have to think about it. Thanks for the input. Keep em coming everyone.

#7 ·
See that's what I was thinking. I know that they will be a close match and look good I think with my new bixenon HID's

#9 ·
Haha...well I didn't post em up for that reason...I will say though the projection headlamps that are posted are te only ones I would get.

#12 ·
I have the middle ones with the LED's in them. I love the looks of them with the LED's but the lighting pattern is terrible. Light up the sides of the road better then the road. When it rains its like you have no headlights on at all. The adjustment on them sucks to, you can adjust them just a little bit and then they strip. The only up side to them is the LED's and Price as they use to be alot cheaper but I haven't looked in a few years. If I did it over I would just buy the Ford Lights but I already dropped the coin so these will work.

One more thing is bugs get inside them somehow. Had this HUGE bug inside one of mine for a year or so until I took it apart and got him out.

#13 ·
Ok guys not to shift the subject but post some options for the front clip of my truck. I know its a Platinum so its kind of hard to change it up and it look off. So opinions on any ideas or pics posted would be great!

#16 ·
:whs: O5 conversion with some 08 mirrors changes the look like crazy. Everyone will think you drive a way newer truck to lol. The best mod I did was the conversion, If I got a 04 or older again it would be my first mod to do. I like 08 mirrors on lifted trucks give a wider look to them. If you painted a 05 bumper(top part of the bumper) the same as the rest of the truck with the chrome grill it would look good.chrome or black headlights would flow well to.Not the LED ones unless you only drive in the daylight:poke:

#18 ·
I personally liked the big chrome bumper...so when i did a little face lift on mine i kept the chrome bumper and got a modded '05-'07 grill from MKM customs and got billet inserts for it and installed a set of harley headlights. I think it changed it alot and was happy i kept the chrome bumper. the first pic is of the harley headlights and the factory grill with a putco insert.

Attachments

#19 ·
I am definately thinking of hanging on to my chrome bumper. I have almost decided to hang on to the grill as well and just do lights......I still cant decide though...I either need to do just lights or do the whole front clip replacement with grill, and bumper all painted to match with the black and clears or OEM harley's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.