Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Who mixes their own water/meth?

4K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  jhaddox 
#1 ·
I want to start mixing my own.

I don't trust the people at PEAK. I think they are trying to scam me when I buy the washer fluid.

I want mo powah. Where can I buy cheap methanol? Why not just put it in my fuel tank?

Same ####. I think injecting it right in the cylinder would be the best bet.

Any of you have a different opinion? If so, fvck off.

#5 ·
I know....we can design a spray plate that bolts under the stock manifold with an injection nozzle at each intake port....this would help with even cylinder injection...about as close to the cylinder as you're gonna get without tapping the head...;)

#14 ·
That sounds immature...

im·ma·ture/ˌiməˈCHo͝or/Adjective
1. Not fully developed: "immature fruit".
2. (of a person or their behavior) Having emotional or intellectual development appropriate to someone younger.

#29 ·
Where can I buy cheap methanol?
If you can't find it at your local hardware store, I have a way I've been using for years to create my own.

If you break down the word methanol, basically it means liquid methane. Methane is simply natural gas. Natural gas is the same stuff you use to cook with at your house, unless your a DA with an all electric house.

What you want to do is pull out your oven and disconnect the gas line from the back of the oven. Take a five gallon bucket and fill it up half way full of tap water. Take the gas line and stick all the way to the bottom of your bucket full of water so your sure to make contact with all of the water molecules. Perculate for 15 minutes and remove hose. This will give you 20%methanol + or - 20%.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.