Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Only 4V going to new FUEL PUMP ??? P0232 - Help !!!

718 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  ex_cursion 
#1 ·
I am new to PSN but have heard good things so here goes:

So I replaced the HFCM (which was a pain in itself...) because the dealer will not warranty my injectors with a bad pump. First turn of the key and the upper bowl does not fill. Check the inertia switch, reset, still not working... Pull the wire to the pump and find there is only 4.6V with KOEO. Voltage at inertia switch was 11.8. Also found a P0232 which would point to the relay.

As we know, the relay is part of the central fuse box and costs about $350 (non-returnable). Is there any way to check the relay and be absolutely sure ? Also, is the relay in line before the inertia switch or after ?

Any other ideas ? I checked all the fuses and I'm not aware of any other relays. The truck is taking up space at a friends garage right now and if I have to rent another Hyundai I'm going to lose it...

2005 Excursion 6.0 184k miles. In Harford County, Maryland...buy any of you local guys lunch with a good scanner and some know how:D

Will be tackling a "bad throttle plate" and another EGR valve (this will be 5 in a year) after this... Thanks for your help guys.

See less See more
#2 ·
THANKS to everyone for their help...turns out that I screwed up and had the wrong connectors on the WIF sensor and pump . They will seat incorrectly even though they are keyed. I checked the voltage at each plug when first installing but hadn't realized that the inertia switch was tripped when I did. With the switch tripped, I saw some voltage at the black plug and nothing at the gray so had figured that there was low voltage to the pump and the WIF sensor was just an open or close switch. WRONG. Wiring diagrams with wire colors showed me where I went off track. Much better now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.