Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

swaping to a dually rear

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Lmgrcivic 
#1 ·
I have a 03 F250 2 wheel drive I want to put a dually rear in it, but what all info do I need to know to get the right rear to use.

#2 ·
Check with Arrowcraft. They make all kinds of kits. Complete and pcs. They make adaptors that bolt on your Sterling to axcept dual wheels. I bought a complete kit for my sw F350 so I could keep my 3.73 gears. It came out pretty good. Good luck.

#3 ·
If you tow or load heavy, I wouldn't use the adaptors. I have a 250 with a bent Sterling rear tubes and bad axles, mine are Arrowcraft also, and it makes brakes a pain in the ass to do compared to my DRW 350. The front adaptor design is horrible. My 250 weighs ~13,600lbs before trailer or anything, in case your wondering what it takes to trash a 10.5. I've also broken rear shocks in half, and they last about 6 months before blowing the seals.

The majority of DRW 350's sold in the US have non-LS 3.73 gears in the rear, so absolutly no reason to use adaptors to keep 3.73s, as you have better luck getting 3.73s at a breaker than 4.10s which were an added cost option. Only reason is ease of install, but since the DRW D80 axle assy is a direct swap, I don't see the point, as your still limited by the weak axle.

#9 ·
Honestly I could care less about the gears I just need the dually rear. It pulls a 35 foot gooseneck and has a flatbed so #### gets loaded on this truck all the time

#10 ·
anyone know a good place to look for a rear. the only place i know of is car-part

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.