Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Front Trackbar Help

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  NEVRNF 
#1 ·
I have done a search and am still unsure what the best solution is to my quandary. I did not notice the significant difference in the size of the track bar mount on the e99 axle I am swapping into my 99.5, and need to make a decision in the next couple of hours because I have to move the truck out of the warehouse I am using today. Here are my options as I see them. I can use my son's car for a week or two, but I have to drive the truck home (about 10 miles).

1. Put the 99.5 D50 back in until I get the right parts. Pros - compatible track bar components and sway bar; Cons - project delayed indefinitely, out the cost for another new set of U-bolts, rebuilt D60 will be setting in the truck bed indefinitely.

2. Eccentrically open the hole up track bar mounting hole on the D60. Pros - complete the axle swap (minus sway bar); Cons - Will this leave enough material at the upper edge of the bracket? Don't have an e99 sway bar yet.

3. Use the e99 track bar with the 99.5 upper track bar bracket and washers/whatever other creative hardware I can find until I locate an e99 upper track bar bracket. Pros - complete the axle swap (minus sway bar); Cons - Cheesey (?), will the hardware hold up even for a short time? Don't have e99 sway bar yet. Delay front alignment

4. Use the e99 track bar with the 99.5 upper track bar bracket and washers/whatever other creative hardware I can find until I save enough money to order a custom adjustable track bar (e99 axle end & 99.5 track bar bracket end). Pros - complete the axle swap (minus sway bar), have adjustable track bar for future front lift (if it will work); Cons - Take awhile to save the money, may be too cheesey to drive for a few months (will the temporary washers/hardware hold up?) Don't have e99 sway bar yet. Delay front end alignment

5. ???

See less See more
#3 ·
Finish the swap to the D60, get everything torqued and completed for final use. Just use the e99 track bar with washers/whatever to facilitate getting it home. You can drive it without the sway bar, think of how many old school trucks with leafs never had them. As long as you can tighten up the track bar sufficiently to locate the axle, just carefully drive it home.

I just lifted my truck and only had my 1/2" Mac 250ft/lb torque wrench. I tightened up everything that I could with that wrench and had to drive almost 100 miles before I could get to a buddy with a 3/4" 400ft/lb torque wrench. I just drove it easy until I could hit the final specs. Everything was fine.

#4 ·
Open up the hole then weld a heavy washer on the outside of both sides to give you the added material. I did this for a guy and he has had no problem for a couple of years with a 6" lift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.