Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 24" Goliath

Votes: 8 53.3%

RIMS-Please help me decide

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  01excursion7.3 
#1 ·
22" with 305 45 22's and chrome

Or

24" with 315/35/R24 black with alloy accents.

I can't decide. I want black, but I think the 24's might be too much rubber band look for me, although I like the style rim, and the black is the way I really wanted to go.

The 22's are still kinda rubber band for me, but eventually replacing them with 35's I think I could be happy in the long run. Problem is that they are chrome. I didn't really want chrome.

She's an asphalt queen, so I don't want 20's. There's actually 20" gear wheels with 33" toyo's close by, but I think I want bigger. Plus they're chrome. I know most of you don't like the rubber band look, but the most dirt she'll ever see is a dirt road or two, no trails.

And they're pretty much same money. Couple bucks more for the 24's, but they're closer to check out. So price isn't that much of a factor

Here's what they'll be going on.

See less See more
#3 ·
Just remember, as most folks don't, the larger the wheel, the more brake you'll need, more wear and tear on bearings, and mostly, you fuel mileage will go down the drain, but honestly I like the black. They'll look killer on the white

#5 ·
I'm aware that I'll spend some parts a bit premature. But, I recently did complete brakes all the way around with ceramic pads, which she stops a whole lot better than she did before. SO I'm good with brakes.

I saw in another thread someone posted up a picture of an all white crew cab with the same wheels. I really liked it, so I think at this point I'm leaning for the 24's. I just have to confirm the backspace. He had em on a 2000 ex 2wd, so I should be good.

#6 ·
I personally like black and chrome wheels, I think they look on a white truck or ex. I've got a set of 4 22x9.5 for sale in the classifieds and I'll make you a deal on them..

#8 ·
Anything over a 20 on a stock height Excursion is going to look funky. It's a four wheel drive, it needs some sidewall to look right. If you go 22s or 24s you need 37-42" tires and for that it needs to be lifted.

There's a 4wd Ex locally on chrome 24s and it's hideous. Looks like a drive-by-mobile.

#13 ·
Those black are only available in 24's. I'm cheap, and dealing second hand. Wife doesn't like the foose at all, so those are out.

And she's now said she doesn't want chrome, she wants black. Hey, I've trained her well, she's not telling me no, but helping me choose. LOL

I found a set of black 20's, but don't like those as much. I think we'll be going with the 24's, just have to confirm backspace. I saw them last night, but it was dark, and I forgot a measuring tape and ruler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.