Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

05 - 07 Rough Country 8" 4 link lift kit

10K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  ifitssmokinitsstrokin 
#1 ·
Anyone running this set up? I'd like to hear some ride quality feedback on this kit.

Thanks guys

Ford Suspension Lift Kit

#2 ·
I dont have experience with that kit but I have experience in kits in general and I would never use Rough Country or Tuff Country products.

There is a reason why it is less expensive. Any way possible to cut corners to cut price they do. A smaller bracket for drop brackets that have 2 holes instead of 4 for support bolts, smaller link arms (never seen one bend but I would rather have some beef) often times spacers for springs instead of springs,

usually Just so many corners cut to make it cheaper that problems do arise. They have a Jeep JK kit that a friend used and the Trac Bar Bracket has 2 bolts to do the drop instead of 4 and it ripped right off the axle. It NEEDED 4.

#3 ·
You'd be better off with a 7" radius arm kit from Icon. I'm running the 4.5" kit and it rides better than stock by a good bit. It also rides better than the trucks I've ridden in that had kits from Fabtech, ProComp and Rancho. There's a reason everyone rates the Icon kit so highly, you get what you're paying for. I could have gotten any of the other brand kits I mentioned for 10-20% less than what I paid for my kit, I'm glad I didn't take that risk.

#6 ·
#8 ·
If you would like a price on a Pure Performance 4 link kit..Coils or Coilover's ..also have a rear C/O 4 link upgrade OR Icons kits please PM me.

Cary

#9 ·
I have the 6" 4 link. rides better than stock. doesnt rub with 37's. I am putting in 4" blocks and a 2" front spacer. to make it an 8" kit. I am pleased with it. for the money cant go wrong

#11 ·
i got the 8 inch 4 link with leaf springs in the rear (no blocks). the leaf springs make it a little stiff in the rear but overall rides better than stock. everything went together like it should. i plan to upgrade the shocks sometime in the future. my truck is a 06 f350 and the rear sits one inch higher than the front. let me know if you got any other questions about the lift.

#13 ·
:whs: I ran the 6" kit on my 2006 250 and i am running the 8" 4 link on my 2010.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.