Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need advice/help

3K views 65 replies 24 participants last post by  Dieselgeek 
#1 ·
Just wondering how much I should give this family, I really feel bad for them and the dilemma they are in.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:46 PM
To: undisclosed recipients:
Subject: VACATION PROBLEM (HELP NEEDED)

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes, I and my family came down here to London, United Kingdom for a short vacation unfortunately we got mugged at the park of the hotel where we lodge ,all cash,credit card and cell were stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our return flight leave pretty soon from now but we are having problems sorting the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us checkout until we settle the bills, We freaked out at the moment.

Albert.

#2 ·
Nevermind, I found out how much they need.
Thanks anyway.

Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:22 PM
To: djlott@dieselinnovations.com
Subject: PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP.

Glad you replied back, We have nothing left on us right now we lucky to have our passports with us it would have been worse if they had made away with our passports . Our return flight is leaving in the next few hours from now as i earlier told you and we don't want to miss it, all we owe is just $1,850 once the bills have been taken care of then we shall quickly to catch our return flight back home safely.

You can have it wired to my name via WU b'cos i'll have to show my passport as an ID to pick it up here. I promise to refund back in a couple of days once we made it home safely. Here's my info below in case you misplace it.

Full name: Albert Havner

Let me know once you are heading to the western union outlet so our mind can be at rest for a while, i will also need you to send me the western union confirmation number (MTCN) once you get it done.

Reply ASAP.
Thank You
Al.

-----Original Message-----
To: abigal883 <abigal883@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Jan 18, 2011 4:16 pm
Subject: RE: VACATION PROBLEM (HELP NEEDED)
Wow, sorry to hear this how can I help?

David

Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:47 PM

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes, I and my family came down here to London, United Kingdom for a short vacation unfortunately we got mugged at the park of the hotel where we lodge ,all cash,credit card and cell were stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our return flight leave pretty soon from now but we are having problems sorting the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us checkout until we settle the bills, We freaked out at the moment.

Albert.

#7 ·
I told him I could only get a 1000.00 on short notice.
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:40 PM
Subject: RE: PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP.

Glad you replied back,just want to let you know that our return flight leaves pretty soon and i wouldn't want to miss it so i will like you to quickly get the money and locate a nearby WU,get it wired immediately it done do get back to me with the (MTCN#)so as for me to quickly use my passport as an ID to pick it up, i promise you i will refund with a couple of day as soon as am back home safely

I owe you alot
Al.

To: 'Albert Havner' <abigal883@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Jan 18, 2011 4:32 pm
Al
I really feel bad for you and your family but 1850.00 is a lil more than I can get out of my savings account this evening. I could probably come up with a 1000.00 but I will need to go home and see if my wife can lend me some from her paycheck that she just got today so I am not sure if I can get it to you in the next couple of hours.
Let me know if that will help you.
Oh and I feel bad for asking but how quickly can you pay me back as our house payment is due in 2 weeks.

David

Glad you replied back, We have nothing left on us right now we lucky to have our passports with us it would have been worse if they had made away with our passports . Our return flight is leaving in the next few hours from now as i earlier told you and we don't want to miss it, all we owe is just $1,850 once the bills have been taken care of then we shall quickly to catch our return flight back home safely.

You can have it wired to my name via WU b'cos i'll have to show my passport as an ID to pick it up here. I promise to refund back in a couple of days once we made it home safely. Here's my info below in case you misplace it.

Let me know once you are heading to the western union outlet so our mind can be at rest for a while, i will also need you to send me the western union confirmation number (MTCN) once you get it done.

Reply ASAP.
Thank You
Al.

David

Albert.

#11 ·
Do you think this guy will really refund the money once he gets home, kinda worried that he won't and I will get ripped off. That would suck if I can't make my house payment on time.

Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:00 PM

Dave,just have that trust on me i will Definitely refund it back as soon as am back home safely so how much are you sending in total now

Let me know asap

Sent: Tue, Jan 18, 2011 4:56 pm
Ok Al, I talked to my wife she felt bad too and said she would let me use her whole paycheck but it is only 438.00 after taxes. I am calling my mom to see if she can lend me the rest.
Where is it that you live Al, I am really worried that if I don’t get it back soon I will not be able to make my house payment on time.

David

Glad you replied back,just want to let you know that our return flight leaves pretty soon and i wouldn't want to miss it so i will like you to quickly get the money and locate a nearby WU,get it wired immediately it done do get back to me with the (MTCN#)so as for me to quickly use my passport as an ID to pick it up, i promise you i will refund with a couple of day as soon as am back home safely

I owe you alot
Al.

Al
I really feel bad for you and your family but 1850.00 is a lil more than I can get out of my savings account this evening. I could probably come up with a 1000.00 but I will need to go home and see if my wife can lend me some from her paycheck that she just got today so I am not sure if I can get it to you in the next couple of hours.
Oh and I feel bad for asking but how quickly can you pay me back as our house payment is due in 2 weeks.

David

Reply ASAP.
Thank You
Al.

David

Albert.

#12 ·
I'm going to get him some more money, my mother is lending me the rest. I sure hope I can get it to him in time.

Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:13 PM
To: 'Albert Havner'

Al
I hope so, my mother said she would lend me the rest but I have drive to her house which is like 75 miles away and right now traffic is bad so it will take me about 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get back. I would try to find a WU in her town but she lives in a small town for invalids and she can’t walk and get around so I have to come back here to find a WU. I know it will probably make you late for your flight but sometimes if you ask they will hold the plane a lil bit. I am sure if you explain that I am on my way they will understand.

David
Oh That will make the whole 1850.00 so you will be fine. Are you sure that will cover it, are you and your family hungry? Maybe I can get some more from her so you can get some food, is that ok?

Dave,just have that trust on me i will Definitely refund it back as soon as am back home safely so how much are you sending in total now

Let me know asap

Ok Al, I talked to my wife she felt bad too and said she would let me use her whole paycheck but it is only 438.00 after taxes. I am calling my mom to see if she can lend me the rest.
Where is it that you live Al, I am really worried that if I don’t get it back soon I will not be able to make my house payment on time.

David

I owe you alot
Al.

Al

David

Reply ASAP.
Thank You
Al.

David

Albert.

#13 ·
he seems like such a nice guy and patient considering the circumstances.
Glad you replied back,we will be hanging on here waiting for you to return back from the WU so as our mind will be rest assure and we can catch our flight back home,do not for get to shoot me an email immediately you get it done.

I owe you alot
Al.

Sent: Tue, Jan 18, 2011 5:12 pm
Al
I hope so, my mother said she would lend me the rest but I have drive to her house which is like 75 miles away and right now traffic is bad so it will take me about 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get back. I would try to find a WU in her town but she lives in a small town for invalids and she can’t walk and get around so I have to come back here to find a WU. I know it will probably make you late for your flight but sometimes if you ask they will hold the plane a lil bit. I am sure if you explain that I am on my way they will understand.

David
Oh That will make the whole 1850.00 so you will be fine. Are you sure that will cover it, are you and your family hungry? Maybe I can get some more from her so you can get some food, is that ok?

Let me know asap

David

I owe you alot
Al.

Al

David

Reply ASAP.
Thank You
Al.

David

Albert.

#20 ·
Just sent him this, waiting for reply.

Al
I just got to my moms, trafic was pretty gopd actually only had to ran a few people off the road but I had my hazards on so I hope they understod this was kinda of an emergency. I am on the way bajk to town. Will email you when I get to WY.

Hope you kin understand this, my keybord on my crackberry is too small to rede .

David

Sent from Droid X

#22 ·
well david i hope for your sake and amandas that this isn't a scam and you do indeed get your money back.... would make a god fearing man such as yourself feel very skeptical about helping someone in this circumstance again even if it did turn out to be legit

ill be praying for you guys

#21 ·
Havnt offered to empty your kids piggy bank yet?

#24 ·
Well when I got home I found out that Amanda could not get her check cashed so ya I guess I will be robbing the kids piggy bank to help these poor people out.
I mean what is the world coming too when you can't take a vacation without getting ripped off.

#30 ·
of course now that they got your money they arent going to answer you. i guarantee its a scam. same EXACT story all of my buddies had. just different locations

#31 ·
and on top of that, if their story had anything true to it, an embassy would help out. they would pay your bills and send you home.

#32 ·
ok we are back in action, he just replied.

Oh Glad you replied back we are still hanging on here waiting to read from you

I owe you alot

Sent: Tue, Jan 18, 2011 6:40 pm
Al
I just got to my moms, trafic was pretty gopd actually only had to ran a few people off the road but I had my hazards on so I hope they understod this was kinda of an emergency. I am on the way bajk to town. Will email you when I get to WY.

Hope you kin understand this, my keybord on my crackberry is too small to rede .

David

Sent from Droid X

#33 ·
Tell him I have some extra if he needs it. I own a HUGE ranch here in TX. Behind on property taxes though. If he could send me 10 grand to pay the taxes, I can go to the bank and borrow 250K on it. I would be happy to send that to him, so his family could buy an airplane to get home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.