Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

I broke 4wd

1K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  id: 5520 
#1 ·
Okay I have 2 trucks that will not engage 4wd nor will the 4x4 light come on.

On 1 truck it was snowing so I locked the hubs and and engaged 4wd and it worked fine. I disengaged 4wd and went about my business with hubs locked. A little while later I had to ring some donuts and I forgot to unlok hubs and stopped once I heard them popping. I drive to friends place and park it for a while then when I try to leave im stuck. No 4wd no light hubs locked. I've checked under dash fuses and with the truck off I can hear a click when I do engage 4wd. What gives?

#5 ·
There are a couple fuses down near the battery drivers side in a black "stupid designed" case that can fill up with water and corrode the fuse modules. Take a peek at those. Mine worked fine until I started getting the truck washed in winter at high pressure car wash. The water got in between the fender and hood and filled the little black box. There should only be two fuse modules.

G
#8 ·
When you turn your hubs to lock, you are overiding your vaccum system.. That is the purpose of locking them manually. Are you sure that 4x4 is not working when you have turned the hubs to lock without useing the switch?

#10 ·
I have auto hubs but I always have them turned to lock and not auto. My hubs are locked 24/7.

On a side note I pulled the cover mike was talking about and pulled both relays they both looked very good. After i turned the truck to the on position and heard for clicks when moving the switch. I heard it the first couple turns then nothing. So then I checked the 4x4 again, still no 4x4 or even a light on the dash.

Could I swap the relays just to see if that works or is that a big nono?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.