Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

build ideas/advice

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  swamp_ratt 
#1 ·
well my truck dropped another set of injectors so its parked and im buying a cheap but reliable beater to drive cuz when taxes come round im starting my build. im doing a ground up. rebuilding axles, switching to auto w/built ally, fixing up the body, converting to power windows and locks and 08 up dash, column, and hopefully seats, painting the truck the original obs metallic blue, media blasting the frame and axles and painting axles por15 gloss black and the frame por15 red. im thinkin 4 inch lift with 315s on 16x12 white wagon spokes. the whole under side of the body and in the bed will be linex'd to prevent mn/wi salt rust

now for the motor, i have a gt4202r here with a 1.44 housing and the original compressor wheel housing and a NTPA housing. i will be running the NTPA seeing as i plan on sled pulling. im thinking 300/400 sticks from swamps with a swamps gen3, porting and polishing the heads, studs, fire ringing, main girdle, good tuning, modded idm, and a turbo back 5 inch exhaust (modding firewall, dont worry) i will be going ross pistons on carrillo rods.

let me know what you think and if i should make adjustments or if i forgot anything i should have on the motor build. i know my taxes wont cover nearly all of it so it will take quite a while to build but its something i want to do. may also be picking up another cclb obs psd 4x4 cheap to drive while doing the build. any advice or suggestions welcome!!

See less See more
#3 ·
bigger lift and dont for get NOS;)

#4 ·
Sounds like a good project bud. I really want to see how the 8 dash turns out. I want to do that to mine someday.

#7 ·
I tried finding carrillo rods for the powerstroke but failed.

Maybe you can point me in the right direction???

#8 ·
i was thinking an airdog or airdog 2 with a regulated return. as for the rods wide open sells em and so does swamps and a bunch of others

#9 ·
also an update... being on the chat last night i was advised to casserly 300/200 sticks, a stealth pump, and a 1.15 housing on my 42r

#10 ·
Good choice on the size of the sticks you're doing. Beans 300/200 sticks are going into my build. They leave you with room to grow into them and make real power, or tune them down until later on.

#11 ·
swamp ratt the airdog really will not push enough fuel for those sticks!! you might want to call swamps or sinister is where i got my fuel lab kit from for around 800 it was a great kit

#13 ·
alright i been doing some research and EFI Live is in beta test for the cummins and do to come out soon. so i may have to scrap this idea and go that route :evil

#14 ·
well im getting too much bashing else where for the cummins and i do have to admit i like the psd more so ill stay this route. besides, i already have stuff leaning toward the psd anyway

#15 ·
just make up your mind, damnit! No, if I was to do mine all over again, i'd probably go with the cummins... they are kind of like the small block chev of the diesel world i think. parts are cheap and they are plentiful.

#16 ·
maybe if some sponsors could pm me with prices for what im looking for i can start getting some money put aside for parts. id like to buy through sponsors before others. sponsors help make this site happen!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.