Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Raced a 6spd efi live duramax

4K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  joedaddy 
#1 ·
I raced my buddy's duramax tonight we went from a 30 roll and a dead stop. On the thirty roll we were dead even from a dead stop we were even for a sec and then his went in limp mode I win stupid duramax.

#4 ·
What's done to the duramax

#14 ·
Did he do the tuning or buy the tuning from an experienced tuner? My guess is he is trying to go over 90hp and the stock alli don't like it much.

#16 ·
limp mode is not only associated with the ally. i put my 06 lbz in limp mode a few times for low rail pressure with a ppe hot+2 on the 400hp tune (yes the older ppe hot+2 the 2nd highest level was 400hp unlike the newer ones that are 350hp on the 2nd highest) but i never did put the stock ally in limp mode

#17 ·
His truck is a zf6 it goes into limp because of lie rail pressure. His tune is from Jeff dean he was in diesel power challenge he knows what he's doin it's supposed to be about 425 rwhp with that tune.

#19 ·
EFI Live tunes are supposed to put a duramax well into the low 500s for rear wheel hp i thought? :confused: that is assuming the tuner knows what he is doing, under normal circumstances you would have never stood a chance

#20 ·
correct me if i'm wrong

#23 ·
He just wanted a 400 rwhp truck he didn't wnt no 500 and 600 horse tunes I'm sure he could get a bigger tune and out run me he just likes the power he has hes gonna out a fass lift pump On and be done. U was never tryin to say I can out run the big tunes in a dura max I was just saying I can run with my buddy's truck

#26 ·
Oh ok I don't think Jeff knows what he thinks he does either at first he told my buddy he'd never need a fuel system. I think he's gonna try crank it up diesel now one of them selectable five stage chips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.