Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

do it urself mods help me make a list

6K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  Smut 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm wanting to make a list of all the mods that a guy with access to sme basic tools can do at home. Only the low budget mods if possible. I'm not sure if there already is a thread with them or not but I couldn't find one. I would apretiate all the help. So far I only have a few that I know of:

The Zoodad intake mod

The Banjo bolt mod

Please help me make this list grow thatnks everybody!

#2 ·
studs & gaskets, egr delete, turbo upgrade, injector upgrade

none of them are really all that hard or require all that many tools, you can damn near take the whole engine apart with 2 handfuls of tools

#4 ·
Change out your FPR to the upgraded one.
Add some gauges. Relatively cheap.
Punch out your cat. ( not your wifes pet)
Add a coolant bypass filter.
Unplug your EGR valve.
Load up your custom tunes off your SCT. (What?? Don't have one? Check with some of the vendors, they will hook you up. :D)
CCV mod.
That's about all I can think of off hand. Good luck with it.

#6 ·
Change out your FPR to the upgraded one.
Add some gauges. Relatively cheap.
Punch out your cat. ( not your wifes pet)
Add a coolant bypass filter.
Unplug your EGR valve.
Load up your custom tunes off your SCT. (What?? Don't have one? Check with some of the vendors, they will hook you up. :D)
CCV mod.
That's about all I can think of off hand. Good luck with it.
:hehe:

For the CCV Mod, use the search feature, i know there is a thread on this since ive made two of them. :psnb:
The Coolant filter kit is a must! Cheap preventative maintenance!

#14 ·
Yup looks like a good mod. If I ever have a reason to drop the tank or pull the bed I will be doing that mod. Till then ill master filling my truck with no foam to bad I can't just tip it like a beer glass

#17 ·
Hey guys I'm wanting to make a list of all the mods that a guy with access to sme basic tools can do at home. Only the low budget mods if possible. I'm not sure if there already is a thread with them or not but I couldn't find one. I would apretiate all the help. So far I only have a few that I know of:

The Zoodad intake mod

The Banjo bolt mod

The Harpoon mod

The High idle mod

The ccv mod

Punch out/delete the cat

Unplug your egr valve

Please help me make this list grow. I apretiate the help everybody!

Sorry I can't figure out how to edit my thread on this site...

#19 ·
There is alot more you can do. Your going to have to dust off that check book though.

#21 ·
My favorite Mod is universal for almost all makes and Models. It is the Beverage Despensor Mod. All you need is a working windshield washer tank and pump and some extra hose and your golden.
* Flush the wind sheild washer fluid tank and factory lines to remove all contaminants from the privious fluid.
* Connect the extra lenth of hose and run into the cab. The only one I have seen was run through the vent in the middle of the dash. It ran through the vent and stuck out about 1.5-2".
* Fill Freshly flushed Beverage Despensor tank with favorite beverage. Legally this should be NON ALCOHOLIC.:doh: I Do not recomend Drinking and Driving.:pullover:
* To test, ingage Beverage Despensor switch (Former windshield washer fluid switch) and watch as the cup fills up and the the windshield wipers move for your enjoyment.

This works better if you have an Ice cooler in the cab or during the Colder Months of the year. Things tend to heat-up during normal driving.

Note: The line running to the washer fluid ports should be disconnected during Beverage Despensor Mode. It doesn't really help to have Mt. Dew or Coke dispensed accross the windshield.

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

#25 ·
Look for the escape/ mariner 6 disc mp3 player. They are a little bit harder to find than for the 99-04 trucks. I have the shaker 500 out of a mustang in my truck, I had to adjust the mounting but it was very easy and it works like stock with my steering wheel controls

#27 ·
what year escape radio?

#29 ·
hey bro... best bang for the buck by far go to puredieselpower.com get the stage 1 upgrade comes with a 4 inch turbo back exhaust kit.. an s and b filter kit works well with the zoodad mod and a sct tuner all can be installed def in a few hours and makes a huge difference on performance and fuel mileage .. try that on ur rig wont be dissapointed for sure .. later

#30 ·
No reason to change the stock filter. The aftermarket is not going to out flow the donaldson unit where the stock engine makes it power at least on stock sticks and a turbo. Might want to go aftermarket if you want less filtration though... That is a great benifit of those systems

#33 ·
Heated Mirror Switch Mod - keeps factory mirrors from being on continuously.

Heated Seat Indicator Mod - Invloves installing a led into a more visable area, to know when your heated seats are on "before it's too late":doh:

Deactivating Seat Belt Minder Mod- Invloves programming by Key On/Key Off procedures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.