Dual battery post terminal and cable replacement - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 1999-2010 Super Duty General Aftermarket
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:38 PM
Dave R
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Dual battery post terminal and cable replacement

I just replaced the passenger side battery in my truck and noticed the cable going from that battery to the other is slightly pulling and corroding from the connector. I searched all over town for a terminal lug that would support the dual wires on the positive side of that battery and can't find anything to work. I'd like to replace the wires with welding wire and keep the gauges reasonable. Right now my starter wire is around a 0/0 ga wire and the battery to battery wire is a 2/0 ga. Did anyone change these and what did you use? How'd you guys work your dual battery wire setups? The factory positive wire from Ford is $210!!!!!! I can build better for less or at least the same price I'm sure if I can find that one terminal post setup.

Thanks

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 11:45 PM
UNBROKEN
Attention Whore
Member's Gallery

Re: Dual battery post terminal and cable replacement

go to a stereo shop for large gauge multi wire terminals. Mine have places for two 0/1 gauge wires plus set screw for 4 smaller wires each.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:15 AM
91turbogsx
7.3 Enthusiast
Member's Gallery

RockAuto.com has the Ford Motorcraft positive battery cable for $90.89. I have purchased one from them when my terminal on my starter wire broke. It's the whole cable from starter to both batteries.

Just an option...
Lots of deleted parts...
Custom fuel system w/ Strictly Diesel RR
Dieselsite Adrenaline HPOP
DI Up-Pipes
DP-Tuned
and more...
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Old 01-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Arisley
All done now
Member's Gallery

I got one from O'Reilly's Auto. Had to special order it. Not in the computer, they have to look in the books. $75.00. A lot heavier wire. Perfect fit.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:36 PM
jdc753
6Leaker
Member's Gallery

Send a message via AIM to jdc753

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNBROKEN View Post
go to a stereo shop for large gauge multi wire terminals. Mine have places for two 0/1 gauge wires plus set screw for 4 smaller wires each.
which terminals are these Rich? any chance you could send me a pic or just a link to where you got them? Only ones I ever found that I semi liked were the Knuconceptz terminals.
4" RCD lift, a bunch of stereo gear and a computer
Old 01-14-2011, 10:44 PM
Dave R
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

I like the stereo shop idea but I'm sure they're gold plated. Not big on the bling effect but the ability to get one for both batteries and have room for my winch cables is great too. I'll have to look at those online and at the stereo shops.

Thanks
Dave

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 102
01REDSTROKER, 06 f250 man, 20007.3stroker, 2003ford, 444-4D, 4duggan, 6.0 six speed, 6thfloor, 73smoker, 91turbogsx, 95powersmoker, 96strokerbp, 97ccsb, 99STROKINSMOKIN, apollyon9515, Arisley, armysoldier0882, ArXane, asatriano, AzPsd55, Barnbuilder, bhougham, BigRed97, bill4d, boobin, brandon_oma#692, BUFF, Buford-61, Bustedflush, canister, Choupique108, Countryboy07, Dave R, DCTWINKIEP, deiter5262, dennis11, deuce-ski, Dieselboy, Dieselgeek, Driles85, elhombre, ElkBowHuntR, fastedy, fishyPSD, ford2go, frostyweld, gottagofast, GreenScrew, HaulinAzz, hill_billiez, iggnash, jdc753, JDH, jmsmjr, joedaddy, johnday, KPSquared, kramarj, leoneo01, LWW81, madpogue, matts05f250sd, mbruce, MColeman, Nadler, NEVRNF, noe2big, oby, onefaststang, outlaw5.0, parnellz, phxplumber, poor_rambler, powerstroke02, raptor, rockstarofak, ross3031, San Antonio 78, Sapps, silver02, simpleman, slee22, smerleau, smokinstroker92, sparksrides, steinberger4, STK97PSD, stroke97, stroked, TARM, texans, TxFire, TxFireman1972, txpsd, tylan, UNBROKEN, UNCOOL, willholl79, Wreckedwolf, XJCraver, xrxmxcx