Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Overload spring block for lift?

945 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Wreckedwolf 
#1 ·
My 01 superduty already has a bit of a lift on the front and sets a tad higher than the back does. And would there be anything wrong with just taking the block that sits under the overload spring an put it under the leaf springs?

#2 ·
Isn't the dowel pin reversed?-- ie the block under the axle has a pin on the bottom to fit in the axle and a hole in the top for the spring centering pin, and I think the spacer under the overload has a sizable hole in the bottom and a pin in the top to locate the overload. They might be able to be put in upside-down, but make sure the taper-if there is any is helping, not hurting your pinion angle. Even if it will work, I don't know if I recommend doing it though, I had stacked blocks on my '90 for a while, and was never real confident in them, and they really increased axle wrap-- and that was just with a 460.

#3 ·
Huh, well I really don't want to make axle wrap worse, would it just be better to replace the block with a bigger one such as one off a 350 so there would just be one block?

#4 ·
Yes, IMHO. I was able to find a taller oem block for our 08 to correct it's nose-high position, and I know that several companies, like Ready-Lift, and I think Top-Gun Customz manufacture taller blocks with cast-in bump stops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.