Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.7 carnage pics

68K views 184 replies 70 participants last post by  mustangiron 
#1 ·
Finally had a 6.7 with a major mechanical failure. Still unsure as to the root cause. The truck came in for a crank no start, only codes were #4 contribution and #4 glow plug. This is an 2011 f350 fleet truck only 13xxx miles Pics:

IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o4/emanruoy/truckpics3001-2.jpg[/IMG]

See less See more
#4 ·
Ouch thats never good to see. there is one on the garage with close to the same thing but broke a gp tip

#12 ·
damn thats never good to see!

#21 ·
WTF??

I don't understand that comment,,, you love what? Do you want the 6.7 to fail for FORD? :confused:

I also didn't think that they were tearing down motors at the shops, I thought any failures would be pulled, a new motor installed and sent to detroit?

So how did your shop get so "lucky"?

#15 ·
Is someones engine getting an all bills payed trip to Detroit? Wow. That's pretty ugly.

#17 ·
Run away? Turbo seals?

#22 ·
Edit: This is actually an 450-550 with the detuned standard vgt turbo. I should also mention the turbo was locked up and the truck was very low on oil.
Very low on oil? Well, there you go, how is that going to be blamed on the design? If the owner of the fleet ran it low,,,

#26 ·
The truck only has 13k miles on it, assuming they changed the oil at least once or twice then I don't see how the oil could of been so low with out there being an engine related problem. But again I don't have all the details...yet

#30 ·
could it not have burned all the oil up, and driver did or didnt know or care.
not saying he did it on purpose just asking

#31 ·
It only has 13k on it like said above maybe if it had a hole in the pan!!

#35 ·
Dude, take a look at the # of 6.7's out there compared to the failures, I wouldn't worry about it, enjoy your new truck. You have to remember how much more we hear nationwide about problems and issues thanks to the internet. Hell I'd be afraid of owning a 6.4 and having complete fuel sys failure

#36 ·
First time poster, long time lurker and a 6.7 owner with 19000 miles behind it. JimT has hit the nail squarely on the head. There have been but a handful of major engine problems. This engine failure has been posted in several forums. It is the only 6.7 catastrophic failure to be photographed and posted anywhere that I have seen. As Jim T said, it is also the only engine seen anywhere that Ford "allowed" Ford dealership technicians to do the troubleshooting/diagnosis. Ford has crated engines with far less damage and had them shipped back to engineering for expert analysis. One very trusted Ford tech I know has called this "fishy". This just does not pass the simple smell test. There is a story here that is not being told...

Regards