Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Got my Fummins!

28K views 175 replies 70 participants last post by  Matt_P 
#1 ·
As most of you know my 6.4 was rolled by a friend of mine almost a month ago. So on saturday I picked up my new truck from a friend of mine who is also a member on here. Its a 99 F-250 ex. cab sb with a 12v and suncoast 4R100.

I really like this truck, feels like it has more power than my 6.4 did and it rides surprisingly smooth. It was a good replacement.

On sunday it was already time to add some things to it so I got rid of the ugly projector headlights that were held in by zip ties and put in harley headlights, we repainted the black part of the grille and side pieces. Installed the trac bars from the 6.4. And it had ugly 3rd gen clear cab lights with about a tube of RTV slobbed around each light. So we pulled those off and went to work with an eraser wheel for about 2 hours and installed smoked 3rd gen cab lights the right way.

Anyways here is a before pic and some new pics that I took yesterday.

Before:

After:

See less See more
#2 ·
That truck needs the 05 up conversion.

Looks great Matt.

How do the Proxes handle the crap roads?

#3 ·
Thanks Dave! Yeah I agree it needs a full 05 harley front end. Already got the 05 header panel, gonna buy the grille and bumper here soon:D

Surprisingly they dont do too bad even in 2wd. But the second I go more than light throttle its a different story.

#5 ·
Thanks, yeah they dont look bad but its getting tow mirrors, the visibility sucks with those especially going from 08 tow mirrors to these

#9 ·
#11 ·
Thanks Jason and yeah the extra cab room is very nice. Its nice being able to take more than three people in the truck and actually have the back seat be somewhat comfortable unlike my OBS

#15 ·
Thanks Cory! Its definitley something completely different from my 6.4. Ill have to get some interior pics when I get it all cleaned up. Its got lariat front seats but the back seat is cloth all tan with woodgrain trim and even a sunroof.

looks even better in person!
Thanks Mike and Nick!

#13 ·
looks even better in person!

#19 ·
Thanks, with all thats done to it I would think mid 500s, but I dont want to say any numbers until I can get it dynoed or to the track.

lookin good. What style mirrors are you going with 08s or 99-02 or 03-07 with lights
Thanks, Im thinkin 03-07s

a measly 350hp! LOL
haha thanks dick!

#21 ·
Thanks! Its got the stock block taken out of the rear already. I dont know if Id want to lower it though.

Tailights are getting swapped out with either the spare set of 08 tails I have or a set of 99-07s that Ill tint myself, can decide which I want to go with yet.

I was thinking about a roll pan but figured with it being a DD I ordered an 08 paintable rear bumper instead that should be here soon.

#24 ·
Thanks!

If it was mine i would do the bumper, headlights, and tailights all like you were saying but i would but the factory block back in and do a leveler and different wheels. They are too low profile for my taste. But either way, nice truck!
Thanks, I think Ill probably keep it like this for a while, all my other trucks have been lifted on 35s so it will be fun to do something different this time.

#23 ·
If it was mine i would do the bumper, headlights, and tailights all like you were saying but i would but the factory block back in and do a leveler and different wheels. They are too low profile for my taste. But either way, nice truck!

#25 ·
that thing is sick Matt, congrats:postwhore2:...hopefully ill get to take a look at it in person in the next few weeks, just gotta get a weekend off of work and ill be making a roadtrip with a trailer behind me

#35 ·
the truck is beautiful i remember when the motor was being built at hallas's congrats on the new ride should be a fun one

#40 ·
Thanks!

Looks great! Really like the setup going on with the height and tire/wheel combo.
Hopefully I'll be on the dark side by the end of the summer, with a black CC dually :evil:
Thanks! That will be sweet when yours is all done

Congrats Matt, truck looks great. Personally I like the monsters on there and also the stance of the truck. Normally I am not a fan at all of extended cab short bed trucks but this one I do like. The 05 conersion on there will be nice too, little lower drop would be cool but not sure how much lower you can go without messing up the ride.
Thanks! Yeah normally I would never go for an ex. cab sb either but I just really like this one. Only reason I wouldnt drop it more is cause it will be my DD

Sweet truck. What all is done to the motor so far?
Thanks, here is all thats done to it as far as I know, now Im not very knowledgeable on 12vs at all but I got that estimate from what Ive read so far, what would your estimate be cause I know you have plenty of knowledge on them.

Ford 4r100 full built trans with Suncoast parts and PCS transmission controller and Mag-Hytec DD tranny pan
-215 p-pump with 4k springs, no fuel plate and unsure on delivery valves non-benched/flowed pump, timing set @ 18
-12MM head studs with fire-ringed head
-60lb Valve Springs
-5x.014 injectors
-River City Turbo 66/73/14
-Autometer gauges on A-Pillar (Boost, Pyro and Trans)
-4" TBE
-Freightliner 12V exhaust manifold
-Aftermarket single 15" pusher fan

yeah it looks great... im not much for lowered trucks but im sure its pretty quick and it doesnt look to bad.

Thinking you will stick with those tires and wheels? I couldnt handle that low profile tire
Thanks, yeah I think Ill stick with a tire like this cause they will be good for tugging which Ill start doing in the spring and surprisingly they arent terrible in snow, but they break loose easily. lol

#36 ·
Looks great! Really like the setup going on with the height and tire/wheel combo.
Hopefully I'll be on the dark side by the end of the summer, with a black CC dually :evil:

#37 ·
Congrats Matt, truck looks great. Personally I like the monsters on there and also the stance of the truck. Normally I am not a fan at all of extended cab short bed trucks but this one I do like. The 05 conersion on there will be nice too, little lower drop would be cool but not sure how much lower you can go without messing up the ride.

#44 ·
matt were is that picture taken when your old 08 is next to it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.