Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New turbo removal procedure

21K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Powerstoke_Fan 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Ford changed its turbo removal procedure from taking the cab off to doing it cab on now. Does anyone have the procedures for that? I cant get ahold of my buddy at ford and want to get my new turbos on. Its fairly straight forward but wasnt sure if I needed to remove the oil filter housing or not. looks pretty tight. Thanks Ryan

#2 ·
you will need to remove the oil filter housing. also as far as i can remember there have always been 2 sets of instructions. cab on and cab off.

the worst part will be the up pipes to the turbo.

#3 ·
snap on recently came out with a socket designed just for the 6.4 turbo up pipe bolts.

I looked at the procedure, it still displays body on and body off. Where did you get the info about the procedure change? I have no doubts that they would change it so that warranty costs go down. Last time i did a warranty hpfp pump gasket i believe it was not even 8 hours for cab removal and replacement. Its getting harder and harder for a diesel tech in the dealer to make money, hence my moving to Rudy's not to long ago.

#5 ·
Sorry for a super old bump, any chance you have this Snap On part #?

#4 ·
you can install the turbos and remove them without removing the oil filter housing. Procedure is the same cab on as it is cab off. it's a little easier to have a buddy when you take the turbos off as they are a litle heavy. have fun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.