Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Driving a gasser now

6K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  genuineford 
#1 ·
Well since getting rid of my diesel I have been trying to decide what I wanted to get for a vehicle. I decided for the time being I wanted a older gas engine truck. There was nothing local to me that was even worth going to look at so I searched out 500 miles and found one on ebay classifieds that sparked my interest. So monday I hooked the trailer up to the 6.0 and headed down to central Illinois which was about 400 miles one way for me. I got down there and the truck looked nice but had a few issues. I got the guy down $250 from what he wanted so I loaded it on the trailer and brought it home. It is a 93 F350 CCLB XL with a 7.5L in it. I like it so far I have about 600 miles on it or so. Them mileage isn't the greatest on it but I did not buy it for the mileage. I have most of the little issues fixed that it had so far. The only thing I have left to do is get the fuel leak fixed and the fuel tank selector valve working. The truck was repainted at one point or at least the blue stripe was added. The truck is filthy but you get the idea of what it looks like.

See less See more
#3 ·
good lookin OBS Steve:bowfast:

#4 ·
good looking truck!

#11 ·
The factory efi setup won't respond that well to a cam that is much larger than stock. You'll need to move up to larger injectors, ditch the factory vacuum FPR, and move to a larger single throttle body. I don't think anyone makes a larger one for the 460 anymore. I don't even know if BBK makes one for the truck 5.0L anymore.

I think Wilson Manifolds made up an adapter setup for the 460 efi.. or USED to.

#6 ·
How the 6.0 do towing it back?

#8 ·
Not as good as my 7.3 would have but it got the job done.

As far as the 460 goes it is going to get and intake and dual exhaust for now and I will look into some future mods. It is a fuel injected one so I am someone limited on what I can do.

#12 ·
I've read online where you can use an early 6.8L V10 throttle body ( has larger throttle bores ) on the 7.5L. When the snow is gone & things dry out alittle I'm going to try and find one at the wrecking yard.

#14 ·
I'm going to find a v10 one. They have 57mm throttle opening vs. the stock 52mm ones. I should be able to get it for under $50 compared to $350 for the 61mm BBK one. I'm also going to grab the rubber boot that clamps onto the TB & get rid of the dual hose crap & switch to a cone filter.

#20 ·
Yeah I know. There is a little rust on the cab and a little on the rear quarters of the box but I will probably have that taken care of soon. You can tell the truck was repainted at one point so I don't know what we will find when we start stripping the paint for the repairs.

#22 ·
Yeah it appears that it had new fenders put on it and all the sheet metal repaired before the flares were put on. I would not have bought the truck if the flares were covering up rot. I live in WI so I know what salt does. Hell WI uses more salt than Illinois.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.