Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

workin on an 06 6.oL

3K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  miles mckeown 
#1 ·
at my shop on a sunday and just finished installing a used 6.0 for the owner of this f450 wrecker. used engine out of an e series and i personally have swapped all parts to make f series including pick up in oil pan. installed new hpop yesterday old one had the seal hangin...............still no hpo. desired is 1485 psi. icp is .24v and will not increase.......ipr goes from 15% when cranking up to 84%..................removed all covers,.......and air tested at icp........leaking with low volume air (roughly 20psi) through a regulator i placed inline..........however i cannot find the leak....any ideas? i cant even see it with my bore scope................

#3 ·
What year model is the engine?

The best way to diagnose for an HPOP leak without a teardown: Remove the ICP sensor and use this hole to pressurize the HPO system with air. Remove the oil fill cap, remove the CCV hose that goes into the air intake from the other valve cover, take a piece of heater hose and listen in BOTH spots. If you hear air coming from either one it's probably a leak in one of the oil rails. If you hear air coming from BOTH sides it's probably the STC fitting or from the HPOP itself. The HPOP itself if virtually bulletproof on the 05-07 motors, but leaks can and do occur.

Beginning at apprx 40:00 minutes in the video below is some troubleshooting of the HPO system:

mms://multimedia.ford.com/fordstar/66920.wmv

copy and paste the URL in your browser

#4 ·
MARK I REMOVED BOTH VALVE COVERS AND THE HPOP COVER AND THEN REINSTALLED THE IPR...........I PLACED A REGULATOR INLINE AT THE CONNECTION FOR THE ICP THEN MY ADAPTER AND SET IT FOR AROUND 20 PSI. THE AIR NEVER STOPS FLOWING AND HERE ARE SOME TEST RESULTS I HAVE ALREADY DONE.........,..NEW ENGINE OIL...LEVEL IS FULL......NO INTAKE OR EXAHUST RESTRICTION( BOTH HAVE BEEN REMOVED AND CHECKED AND THEN REINSTALLED) FUEL PSI IS 50 PUMP RUNS BOUT 20 SEC THEN SHUTS OFF AFTER KEY IS ON......MULTIPLE CODES FROM KOEO AND ALL PERTAIN TO GLOWPLUGS OR THE FAN ( FRONT END OF TRUCK STILL OFF FROM INSTALL) HPOP AND IPR ARE NEW FROM MOTORCRAFT..BOUGHT AND INSTALLED YESTERDAY...............OLD PUMP SEAL WAS HANGIN! SCAN TOOL PIDS........B+-12.62V.......FICML-12.48...........FICMV12.48........FICMM-46.43V.......CRANKING RPM READOUT 168..........ICPV.......-.24V.......ICP PSI-0PSI DESIRED READ OUT IS 1491.8 FUEL PW IS 0 AND FICM SYNC IS YES..........ENGINE OIL TEMP IS 83 DEGREES F.................
ANY IDEAS AS TO SOMETHING I CAN RUN THROUGH RAILS......(SMOKE?......UV DYE? TO FIND THE LEAK?

#20 ·
low pressure is good and i forget what the pressure was....checked early this am on that even though that idoit guage on the dash seems to be functioning.............was trying to get info on closing the ipr a different way...my genysis scanner is good but wont let me access it manually to close it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.