Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

HEY Ellerton...This is how you do it

9K views 90 replies 41 participants last post by  onebadf150 
#1 ·
With a low ceiling.
Here are some pics to give you some ideas. Since I know you read this section most I will post here.

This is done in an 8 foot ceiling height garage.

Here is where we pulled the ceiling panels down removed the insulation and set the lift up in between the rafters to get a feeling if it would work.

This is after the trusses were cut out and ready for Spray Foam insulation. We had to cut a hole in roof and add a dormer to the left side of the picture that you can't see to get the height for the lift post.

Here is with a cab up.

I the hole is 9 feet by 12 feet I wish I would have gone 14 feet.

See less See more
#7 ·
Is there anything else to lift. LOLDef a 6.0/6.4 shop. Nice man.

#11 ·
I dig it. It's realistic, I bet a lot of guys have wheels turning in their heads now...

#12 ·
Now that I have three kids they have taken over my game room of my house so I am going to move my pool table out to the garage. I will just roll it up there and lift it up into the "hole" when not in use. Then I can still park my truck under it.

#14 ·
LOL that's awesome. May have to do that. Next thing I'd have todo is learn how to pull the cab. Never done it lol. I guess you can say we've been doing it the hard way

#21 ·
if it didn't take so long to upload pics here at my parents house on dial up internet :doh: i would show you how we had to go about lifting the cab off my dually. ill just say it involved 3 chain hoists, 4x4 post, 2 12" peices of 5/16" chain, A Frame

ghetto.....yes, functional......oya!

#23 ·
Hey Ellerton this is how you do it if you do not want a ghetto job. LMAO There is a 12" x 6" I beam above the insulation running from side wall to center post to support the weight. Framed in then 2" r 18 foam rigid insulation. That shop did have 10' ceilings to start. I am doing it in my new garage also. Damn height restrictions in my county suck.

#38 ·
.I am doing it in my new garage also. Damn height restrictions in my county suck.
What about having the floor drop down once it's inside or back filling around the building to reduce height?

Seriously asking......

#27 ·
looks pretty sweet in my eyes

#32 ·
How about when you want to take the transmission out of one. Pretty sure the cab lifting spots aren't the same as the frame lifting spots. Or did you bring in a regular cab, extended cab, and crew cab in both bed lengths?

Not to mention 4x4 and 4x2 leaf sprung vehicles vs radius arm trucks.

#33 ·
Do it on the floor. lol.

Yes... much nicer on the lift... I know... but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

BTS does em all on the floor....... has them from sitting in a crate to in the truck and running filling with ATF in 17 minutes. I couldn't believe it.....

I know I know..... I'm just playing devils advocate here.

#40 ·
Looks good man
I wish I had one in my shop!

#43 ·
Just trying to think of ways around the height issue, I know I've seen garages like that. Maybe I was asking about it the wrong way... I'll draw something up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.