Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2004 to 2005-07 grille Mod.

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  PowerSub 
#1 ·
Just wanted to show the before and after. The grille was from partsgeek.com, $69.91. New FORD emblem $35.00 from Ford.

See less See more
#5 ·
Have to trim off bout 3/4 of the bottom, and trim the bottom corners. Bolts the same on top. To buy one pre cut is over 300.00!

#6 ·
Thanks! Been wanting to do it for awhile. It was worth it.

#8 ·
do you have any pics of what you need to trim?

#9 ·
No I didnt get those. But you will see when you place it on the truck. I put masking tape 1 inch on the bottom of the grill, and cut at the top of it. Used a high speed with a cutting wheel. The insert part of the grill needs to be takin off while cutting the Chrome. Once you get it to fit, put the insert back on.(It just snaps in place) Than cut it to match. The masking tape also keeps it from flaking off the chrome.

#13 ·
Curious to know how you attached the bottom. I just did mine and the tabs didn't line up with the originals. What I did was take all four tabs off the old grille, broke off the piece on the tab that goes into the header panel at the bend, slid one tab into the other and screwed together to make them longer to be able to reach the original holes that are sunk into the bottom of the header panel. It seemed to work well and is very secure. The grille makes a world of difference to the look.

#10 ·
nice thanks

#11 ·
Is there any easy way to get the insert off? I tried but am afraid of breaking the tabs. Same with the ford emblem. Don't wanna break my grille.

#12 ·
Insert comes off by slipping a screw driver or something flat between each tang. Gotta do everyone of them before pulling the insert off. take your time. As far as the emblem, I purchased a new one. The 04 and 05 emblems are different sizes.

#15 ·
I see you had to lower your bumper all the way down as well. I think when I install the '07 headlights I just got I might change the header panel and get another grille because the quality of my $69 one sucks. The chrome was flaking off and it has some wrinkles in a few spots right out of the box. You certainly get what you pay for on these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.