Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2011= high fuel prices?

5K views 70 replies 31 participants last post by  StrokerSmoker01 
#1 ·
I read something the other day that since the US economy is picking up, along with the rest of the world, diesel and gas prices will shoot through the roof like in 2008. A barrel of oil is creeping to $100. I'm praying that this doesn't happen, but I don't have a lot of faith that it won't.

#2 ·
if it does ill be moving to town, parking my diesel and using public transportation...... this damn country has lost it, if the economy is going back up lets leave pricing where its at and let everyone get back on there feet and be profitable again

#4 ·
:whs:

fuel prices went up 4 cent again in a matter of hours. kero went up 10. gas went up 3.

this time last year... what 2.50 a gallon?

these economic bs people are just that. BS'ing everyone and ruining the economy.

last year, i was driving to work.. for 5$ a day. approx. now, its 5$ 1 way. that's an hours pay lost just to go to work.

#5 ·
Just think, big rig guys will be paying for a gallon of fuel every 4 miles loaded. Then the domino effect begins!

#10 ·
If it goes back up to 5 something a gallon I will buy a crotch rocket and park the truck unless its raining or I am hauling something. Probly come out ahead considering the payment on it would be one fill up in the truck.

#22 ·
Diesel is 3.09 here in western OK, HAHA take that Missouri lol.

#15 ·
#17 ·
There is alot more diesel usage now than 10 years ago. Big rigs
and truck owners like us.

#25 ·
if prices get that high will be driveing to the race events with the truck on the trailer behind a prius. will just put air bags on it just avoid hills or small inclines.

#26 ·
This is why I bought a 2010 Golf TDI a few months ago. I could see the writting on the wall and so far I have cut my fuel bill in half compared to when I was driving my WRX. I'm getting a solid 45 MPG and the engine has only 3500 miles on it so far.

#27 ·
Who says we're out of recession anyway, maybe the 6-digit figure guys but damn sure not us common folk. Higher fuel prices will extend it! Thats how they force technology along by making it too expensive to drive what they're making now! Killing us in the process

#28 ·
There's another reason you guys ain't thought of.....Obamey pushing his "green" agenda along with GM(government motors) introduction of their plug-in car....what better reason for people to start buying them and make BO look like a hero?

#37 ·
Agreed! Local police dept here bought brand new toyota prius electric cars for patrol vehicles.. gonna save them 25,000$ a yr in fuel cost..... Thanks Obama you have made the economy worse than it was not to mention more than double the national debt in less than 2yrs..

#33 ·
I'm sitting reall well also with a 2000 TDI golf. I get about 37mpg with mine right now as it cold as heck out but I have gotten 48mpg in the summer. I went from filling up once a week at $50 dollars with my S10 to every 3 weeks for $40 dollars with my TDI. Of course it is still painfull to fill the truck up. It will be like $120+ to fill it up with the light on.

#35 ·
i cant see how a rise in fuel prices means anything good. that just shows the USD is weaker and we have to use more to get the same thing.

In my personal case, i was starting to get ahead on bills... fuel was costing me about 25-30$ a week. just work and back. now today it just cost me 47.86. that's sure not an improvement for anyone!

FUBO! the people ontop are just watching us struggle for kicks. im just glad i can still get my payments in on time.

#38 ·
My point of veiw is if you want to go green thats fine. I wont make you straight pipe your vehicle. So quit putting filters on mine!!!! Because I am just going to take them off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.