Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

replaceing front leaf springs?

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  turbodiesel_02 
#1 ·
how much of a pain is it going to be?

the passenger front tire is setting a full inch back than the driver side front, not to mention the the pass. side is sagging badly.

so i figure on doing the driver side first so i can line the pass. side back up to the correct wheel base length. does anyone know what the mesurement is and the correct way to measure from front to rear wheel?

plz, & thanks!!:psn:

#2 ·
Easy 1/2 day to do but you don't need to worrie about changing the WB as it can't change..if your using new springs..unless you have some frame damage..

#3 ·
Me and my buddy did mine, it wasn't horrible once we got the front end off for the impact and dropped the front axle complety off the truck. Way more work then what I was thinking turned into a day and a half project.

#5 ·
The leaf springs are designed to be installed only one way. If your axle is back one full inch, then its possible that the pin is sheered. I'd replace them ASAP! the only adjustment for the front axle is side to side and that's from the trac bar. The bushing on the leaf spring behind the bumper could be destroyed, that may be what is causing the inch difference.

#6 ·
I can get mine swapped in about 3-4 hours w/ air tools. 6 or so w/ hand tools, all done in the driveway.
Also, if you have a lift, drop brackets, etc... make sure your panhard / trackbar is the proper length. My axle changed location slightly when i put my adjustable one on, improved the steering slightly.

#8 ·
I would suggest having one or two helpers there it a lot of heavy components, aligning your spring pins & the trac bar can be a pain by yourself. Be sure you have one maybe two floor jacks & 4 good jack stands. Enjoy!

#9 ·
2-3 hours with air tools and a helper.i also recomend takin the front bumper off and a/c condenser brackets off,makes it alot easier esp. if they have never been messed with ford locktite alsmost works to good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.