Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Suspension question

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  DCSpecial 
#1 ·
Well im ready to lift my 07 6.0, I want to go with a 6in with 37's and 22's.
My biggest concern is ride quality. Who makes the best 6in lift that wont beat me to death??

#2 ·
Avoid superlift. One of my springs broke and they refused to warranty it. After 4 years of normal use, the passenger broke in 7 different places over time. No jumping, no towing, no plowing etc.. They wanted me to foot the bill to freight the springs back for an inspection.

#5 ·
I Just installed a Pure Performance 6 inch X factor 4 link and the ride is great! Call Cary at CT performance to get pricing. 775 835-3569 When I compaired both the Icon and the Pure Performance lifts you get a great ride at half the price. Check out these massive 4 link arms! I understand that ICON makes a great product but does it ride 2x as good? It should for the price.

Attachments

#10 ·
Who makes the best ride of the 4: ICON, Carli, BDS or the Pure Performance?

My front end sits at 40.5" and the rear is 43.5" w/ a 3.75" block+- a few ml's..

I want either 35's or maybe even 37's or so. I know toyo makes the 37's but if i could find a decent AT in 37 i might go that route.

I just need to get my rpms down when cruising and the tuned 6.4 has MORE than enough pow-wah:evil to get these things rollin.

I see that the carli can be had w/ coilovers for 4100 bucks from DPP.
What concerns me about the PP kits is the springs are "sport tuned". I'm not gonna be jumping dunes or what not. it will be used for hunting, camping, traveling etc.. so i want the nicest plushest ride i can get.
I would think w/ the coilovers, the carli kit would be ahead of the rest when it comes to ride.
Using just new springs, ICON claims to be 10% softer than stock, so just using that as a guide, i'm partial to going w/ the ICON.

#11 ·
Judging by what I've read on here and other sites, you can't go wrong with Icon. I'm in the same boat as you, I can't make up my mind which kit I want. I'm leaning toward the 6" BDS 4 Link kit, mainly because I want to go with 37" tires on 22's and I think that's a nice combo. Regardless, I'll most likely buy from Truck Toyz, as they have been VERY helpful so far.

#13 ·
i've yet to hear anything bad about ICON but all i've heard about Carli is their $$ and that they are smooth riding as well.

I have lift laws out here and in several of the states i seem to travel in. I would like to use a 4.5 and squeeze 37's and adjust the bumpstops as necessary. I'll go 6" IF i have to but i'd prefer the 4.5. Another fella here used a leveling kit on his 250, and stuffed 37's w/o rub under normal driving but i'd figure that would be a bit too tight w/ only a 2.5 lift but his truck did look sweet!

#15 ·
hey guys so ive been looking at all of the links you have been talking about and im kinda at the same point, ive got a 2001 f-350 and i really want to get away from springs. I want to continue running 37's so anything in the 4-6" range works but most of these sites start at 10" for their 4 link coil over set ups. whats the best way to go this route, with decent ride, but most importantly maintaining the ability to still haul a decent amout of weight. and on a side note alot of the 4 link set ups ive found are running close to 10 grand, why would someone just put a kelderman set up on for that $$?

#16 ·
Trevor quoted me a ball park of 6K for a custom air ride/4 corners/4 link.
That is about the same as a OUO set up or pure performance 4 corner coilover.

For half that thou i could go w/ an ICON w/ coils or a pure performance w/ coils, i think..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.