Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Hellwig f/r swaybars...anyone have them?

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  riverjet 
#1 ·
Any thoughts from people that run them?

#2 ·
I had one on the rear....less roll but the rear would try to jump out from under the truck at hi -speed unloaded on small bumps. Took it out and the truck was fine again.I think it was to big.Factory optional bar might be better.

#3 ·
I had them on my obs and did not like the spring rate on them, same thing as riverjet said it was just too much. I am running some shroeder bars on the obs now. I had to fab up the brackets for them, they are the ones that are splined on the ends and and you can run what ever arms you want. I like them alot!

#5 ·
I upgraded the rear one on my truck from the stock one and it was great. I never had a problem with it. Could definitely tell a difference over the stock one. Only reason I took it off was cause i put 6" lift springs on the truck.

#8 ·
I already have the stock front bar and 30mm rear with urethane bushings.
I'm about to redo the suspension with drop beams, new springs, new ball joints, rear c-notch, urethane radius arm bushings, braided stainless brake hoses, new rotors and pads and whatever else I can find. I want to upgrade the bars too while I have it blown apart and these seem like a good upgrade to the stock stuff.

I guess I should have been more specific, as in did the bars dial in more understeer like the factory stuff or did they cause the truck to oversteer ?
I'd like to find a more neutral combination as opposed to the ridiculous understeer with the factory stuff. Maybe upgrading the front bar only will dial some of it out?

#15 ·
They will make the truck oversteer. I had a stock front bar.Might help to add the front bar too like you want.... to balance it out. My truck also has x-code front springs and 350 rear springs....quite stiff already.

#16 ·
I have both front and rear hellwig sway bars on my 08. I would say they did make a difference. The truck does feel more planted when swaying the wheel side to side going about 60 and up.
Keep in mind my truck is lifted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.