Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Pan rod bar ?

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Homesteader 
#1 ·
I got a 6" lift from icon and I'm having problems getting the factory pan rod bar hooked back up. With the drop bracket installed I have to pull the pan rod bar towards the rear of the truck 2-3" and push it up towards the bracket. When the bar gets to the bracket it hits the side of it preventing it to go up where it should be. I loosened the bracket bolts so the bar would clear where it was hitting. Because of pulling the bar back it makes it a little cockeyed preventing it to slide up in the bracket. I then took the bracket off to see how it fits on the end of the bar and it's that tight I couldn't force it in. Any ideas?

#3 ·
Yeah. I didn't know if anyone else had this problem? The old bracket measures 1/8" bigger than the new bracket. The pan rod bar and the new bracket measure the exact same. It's dark out now so I'll get some pics in the morning.

#7 ·
There were 2 types. A solid track bar and one that has welds on the ends of the bar to the eyelets. I know that each one is a different size and companies who make replacement bushings usually have different part numbers or send both styles in the kit.

#6 ·
Are you trying to install it with the truck in the air..if so don't let it all the way down on the ground..PM me your # and I'll call to help

#8 ·
There was no way the bar was going to slide up in the bracket so I took the bracket to my local fab guy and cut, spread it and rewelded it. It went right back together after that. Thanks for the help.

#9 ·
That is weird. But I know I would have, at the very least, called ICON before I took to cutting and re-welding it. Maybe you did. Consider how many kits like this they make and sell they have seen it all. I think when something does not work right/fit etc the very first call should be to who made it. Then go from there. But then thats just me.

#10 ·
Yeah I see your point. But my truck is back together. If I called icon and they wanted to send me a new one my truck would be sitting in the drive way unusable.

#17 ·
No there a many others. Most every shop has them. Just make sure the way you are setting up your suspension you need one and do not end up with extra money spent on parts that do not work. I almost did but was stopped. (Thank you Cary)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.