Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Train Horns

4K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  CSIPSD 
#1 ·
Any recommended train horn kits, lookin for some very loud ones

#3 ·
You can also look on airhornsoftexas they r supposed to have lous ones. This is who i am going to get mine from when i get it.

#9 ·
Do you want LOUD or do you want loud train horns? I can get you the triple chrome horns for around the $450 mark but if you want the best and loudest you need the shockers. If your interested in any of these kits please let us know and I will be glad to help further.

Here are the three kits I would option for you.

#1 Outlaw Chrome 232 Train Horn Kit

This kit is loud and close to your budget

#2 HornBlasters Conductor's Special Model 232 Train Horn Kit

This kit is close to your budget with the shocker horns.

#3 HornBlasters Conductor's Special Model 240 Train Horn Kit

This is the loudest and all around best kit because of the compressor size and tank size. It also uses the shocker horns which are tuned to sound as close to real train horns as possible

#10 ·
I had the standard Triple Horns that are sold on ebay with a Viair compressor and 3 gallon tank. It was loud, but doesn't have the same sound quality as the Shockers. For my next set I'm going to get the Shockers.

BigSttroker, how much more are the Shockers in Chrome than Black?

#13 ·
I went with Maximus Horn Systems. I got a Max IV from Trainhornkits.com. Pushes 180DB, 200PSI pump. I was blown away as a friend of mine was showing off his hornblaster when I let mine rip and made his sound like a Korean special. As I posted earlier, I got it for less then $400 with free shipping. You compare other kits side by side for the price and my Max IV can't be beat for what you get in the kit. Plus, I think it smokes other train horns kits I've heard, at least that's what my buddy, who has a hornblaster, told me.

#15 ·
Yes it is I have hers tied into the stock horn so when they installed the alarm they tied into the stock horn and they got a little surprise when they tested it.:hehe:

#24 ·
well it was a vid..... can't get any real bearing on what real life would be.... I was a locomotive engineer for a few years with N.S. and what I noticed in the vid was how the sound tapered on and off with the el cheapos. the tone was spot on. The others probably would have sounded much better (to me) with a different valve or plumbing.
Another thing I thought of after I posted was geography. Although there are federal regs on the tone of train horns I did notice that other lines sometimes had different sounding horns. Soo line for example had a really odd tone.
I've been looking at getting some for a while now just to entertain myself on the jobsite. If a person were to dial down the air pressure on the shockers would they still operate but just be a little quieter? I want loud but I don't want to deafen my friends and coworkers.

#26 ·

This is NOT a set of shocker horns... These are from Siege (I think they are out of business now???)

But thats 6 horns, 3 on the drivers side and three on the passanger side, running 200psi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.