Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New Lift

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  UloseIwin 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i have mainly been a on looker here but i finally used all the wisdom i got from here and lifted my truck

I am now running a 6.5" Procomp, with 17" fuel hostages, and 37"x13.50x17" procomp Xterrains.

I can get some more pics tomorrow and post them but here are the ones i got off my phone. I didn't really notice a difference in MPG's but i have only run about half a tank through my truck.

Thanks for looking

See less See more
#7 ·
It's a 2002

XT's are GREAT off road but i hated their whine and the thumpyness when driving slow. I got about 25K miles out of mine before one "bubbled" in the center.
Anyhow, enjoy, looks great!!
Yeah, Im not really a big fan of them so far, I have to drive about 3-4 miles down a dirt road everyday to get to our work yard, and the Virginia Clay just sticks in them and when I get back on the road it sprays everywhere. The slow speed and thumpyness bother me too, I got these for 500 from a friend with about half tread left so I just grabbed them, I will probably go back to an A/T either BFG or the Procomp Xtreme A/T.

And thanks to everyone else for the compliments. Im still not done but Its getting there.

#5 ·
Looks great!!

#8 ·
Yeah, w/ any mud tire, you have to spin it to clear mud and i normally didn't have any problem. I got stuck 2x's at the same crossing 1x right after another. A builder put some soft sand and dirt to fill a wash out and when it rained nonstop for a few days it became like quick sand. Other than that they took me where ever i wanted to go.

#9 ·
Love the look! I take it you installed yourself. What was the hardest part? Any rubbing on the front yet? Where did you get the lift and how much?

#12 ·
Yeah I installed my myself with some help from my brother and a mechanic friend, the hardest part was probably pulling off the pitman arm, (the install actually went pretty smoothly) I have a little rubbing on the front I'm waiting for my new adj. track bar to get here so hopefully that stops it, if not im going to buy 1" spacers. I got the lift from 4wheel parts for like 950$ delivered to my door, they were having a deal on them in October and i ordered it then, I am very happy with the lift.

and thanks for all the comments guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.