Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Quick Coolant Filtration question....

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  jeremyleggett07 
#1 ·
Should the filter be primed by pouring coolant into it before starting the truck?

#2 ·
I didn't. It's not high pressure or anything.

#3 ·
ok cool. Just curious.

#4 ·
It is just a bypass filter. It plays no part in the vital flow of coolant. It just empties into the degas bottle as well. You will be fine to just install it and go...

#5 ·
yea i didnt put any in my filter.

#6 ·
how often should it be changed?

#7 ·
If this is the first time you have had it on there should be 1000 miles then change the filter and do a coolant flush But I could be mistaken.

#8 ·
I changed my 1st one at 5-600 miles. Then about 1500 miles. Still on my 3rd one. Been a few months now. I think you change it once a year after that.

#10 ·
I got my kit from Adam@FCDP. Some have built there own, I just didnt have time. Great investment though.

#14 ·
That's the one I bought myself for Christmas.

#16 ·
I bought the fitration system from dieselsite For 130 Its clean looking. It comes with everything except the ball valves. But all in all very impressed.

#17 ·
What are the ball valves for?

#18 ·
I bought mine from Dieselsite as well; great looking and performing kit. The ball valves are used for changing filters; close the ball valves to change the filter so you do not have coolant spillage, open them after the filter change is done. I still have to buy a set of these.

#19 ·
lol makes sense now.

#20 ·
yea super clean change but i already know now thats it on i'll have to pinch the tubes. Be a wise to get them before throwing it in your rig.

#21 ·
Too late, exactly a week too late.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.