Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Leveling kit

3K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  PSD-BLACK-CLOUD 
#1 ·
Can I do this in my driveway with basic tools. Or do I need to wait till I go home and use a full shop?

#3 ·
depends on what type of kit, If u r just adding a mini pac... do it there, just nee a big breaker bar, for a spring replacement kit, depending on how involved u wanna be, u can wait or do it there. U only need basic tools to do either of them and a can of pb blaster;)

#9 ·
But we did go back and check it the next day. and everything was ok. No drinking involved with this one though.

#14 ·
Its REALLY easy. If you can do basic maintenance on your truck, you can do a leveling kit. I did my truck by myself, in less than 2 hours. I'd say on a scale from 1-10, I'd guess a 5. Just be sure to have a strong floor jack, (I used 2), and some good jackstands. Your going to be under your truck the whole time.

#13 ·
They want around 300 to put them on. Why would you pay more to have it installed then the kit costs. Thats why ima do it my self. Idk how hard it is. But the directions I was reading off of the ready lift site it should be prety easy.

#17 ·
I did mine at my truck shop just cause my tools are there. I used an impact and it took me all of 2 hrs. Fr/rear....with handtools and a jack/stands, maybe 3 hrs at home.

#21 ·
I got it on. It wasnt hard but When you dont know jack about a front end it is kinda dificult figureing out what parts they want you to take off. And it really knocks you out of alighnment my ford sighn on my stering wheel now goes up and down. Thank god I had my little helper there to help. He got in trouble when he started steeling nuts and bolts.lol Me and his dad herd something clanking when we went to lunch and he had about a grand worth of relays off of a cat compreser in his pocket and a few lug nuts I had given up trying to find.Here are some pics.

#25 ·
Yea that kid is something else. He is only 2.5 and can carry an adult conversation, knows wat all the hand tools are, and can name all the parts as you pullthem off a gun. His dad is my best friend so I am uncle chris.lol

#26 ·
Looks good!! Anyone know what a 2006 2wd needs for a front leveling kit? Just spacers and extenders or is there more than that??? :confused: I just wanna make sure to do it right the first time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.