Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Rollbars...

5K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  CTC DEEZUL 
#1 ·
Who had one, wheres the pictures, and where can I get one?

#5 ·
The ones that mount in the bed are mainly just used to mount lights to. They do provide a tiny bit of protection to the back of the cab, but id feel alot safer with a roll cage on the inside of the truck. Either way, if you roll your truck the cab is going to be wrecked

#7 ·
well if you want real rollover protection it needs to be more complex than a simple bed bar... needs kickers and diagonal cross members. It will also need to pass through the bed and attach directly to the frame. Best bet is to find a fabricator in your area to build it to your specifications...
The common bars you see in the bed like micheal j fox had in the 80's all say "does not provide protection in rollover" on them somewhere

#9 ·
well if you want real rollover protection it needs to be more complex than a simple bed bar... needs kickers and diagonal cross members. It will also need to pass through the bed and attach directly to the frame. Best bet is to find a fabricator in your area to build it to your specifications...
The common bars you see in the bed like micheal j fox had in the 80's all say "does not provide protection in rollover" on them somewhere
thats exactly how I describe them to people. LOL

Also, another purpose is so I can have a mounting platform for a spare tire...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.