Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Just another day in the patch

3K views 48 replies 9 participants last post by  powerstroke586 
#1 ·
Well I've been at my new job driving an oilfield winch truck for about 8 months now. Unfortunately every time it snows it seems like I spend the next few days pulling our water haulers out of the ditch. I always forget to take pics when i'm pulling them out, I'll have to start remembering to. Some of these trucks can really get themselves into some interesting predicaments and make for some pretty good pics.

See less See more
#2 ·
This guy spun out in a snow drift on a hill and twisted off his driveline, a road grader came along and was gonna pull him backwards down the hill so he could clean the snow off the road and let me get in there with my winch truck and winch him up the hill then load his truck and haul it back to town. Well the plan would have worked well if the guy in the truck would have used his brakes as he got pulled backwards. It was pretty awesome, I watched the whole thing happen.

#5 ·
Way more than it should, the outfit I'm working for is aggressively expanding rite now and is hiring pretty much anyone they can get there hands on. A lot of these guys are youngsters that just got there cdl's and a lot of them are guys that claim to have been driving a long time but really make you wonder how they ever got there cdl's. Sadly this company I work for is a really awesome place to work at, they just have a lot of bad drivers to deal with.

#6 ·
Could be the surge is what's getting them, ya really have to be smooth with a tank. Sometimes that surge can hit ya like a hammer, and knock ya right through an intersection. I never had it happen, but I was smacked a few times when 4wheelers got dumb.;)

#7 ·
They just installed a round about by our shop and it's been great for business it's been done for around 7 months and we have already gotten in 4 tankers that rolled because of two much speed with a full load!

To the original poster, too bad your so far away I would tell you to bring those to us for the frame work, which from that pic he lucked out, doesn't look too bad. Usually the three big oil field compainies we get here that go in the ditch like that twist the frames pretty bad!

#16 ·
Yes sir took the better part of a day but I did get it straight and the pete they took the cab off at our body shop and brought me the truck but this is one of the worst (badly damaged) jobs I have gotten to date. I have so many pics it would make you sick of damaged semis!

#18 ·
water haulers around here get paid by the load. they drive wide open almost all of the time.

i only got stuck twice driving the big trucks. once when i was driving on a lease road in ne texas after a heavy rain. road banked to the left and up. the freuhauf trailer was empty so it decided to in to the ditch and drag me with it.

second time just drove into what i thought was a dry patch on a location. it was nothing but foot deep mud.

thankfully i don't have to drive the kw anymore, just a pos 08 superduty.

#20 ·
Well jake, first I hooked to the front of the truck and winched it back over on to the road. There was a blade clearing snow off the road so I waived him down and tied the front of his blade to the rear of the frame on the truck. I was afraid as I winched the front over it would pust the rear of the truck off the road. After I got the front end over where I wanted it I did the same with the rear of the truck. After the truck was back on the road I hooked to his trailer and winched it back up the bank as the blad pulled forward on the truck. It was alot more complicated than I made it sound but that was kinda the jist of what I did, it took about 8 hours to get him back on the road.
When's the new truck showing up ?

#21 ·
should be able to go pick it up tomorrow. I figured you had to have had someone be an anchor type person while you were pullin on it. I had to do this kinda my second to last day at work when tom almost drove the rt 70 into the pit!

Should I post pics of my uber carnage from that wreck me and the boys got in?

#22 ·
Hell ya, post em up. I've got cleated wheel chalks I throw under my wheels that keep my from sliding. Well you'll have to pick me up and take me for a ride. No worky today ?

#23 ·
no worky the last like 2 weeks! I was having trouble finding the right pick up!

but now i got er all figured out should pick it up around 3 tomorrow dark blue crew cab, camper tow package, review cam which will kick ass considering I'll be hooking up to 2 or 3 trailers a day no sync but hopefully i wont miss it ... my only tru worry is whether or not is has sattelite haha

#29 ·
no he attempted to pass while I turned left he came from behind and got me in the drivers side

cops said they think he was goin about sixty five when he hit us. I kinda heard the sound of a like a train or a jet engine then BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM and we were out in a field still rolling and I was like freaking out asking everyone if they were ok cause I knew the guy in the back had a baby due in like 2 days.

It was pretty violent but like I say the only thing that happed was I literally dented the B pillar with my head and got a nice cut (kick ass scar) on the back of my head (nice bald spot) and the babies daddy got a concussion haha

#32 ·
Up by crosby?

#33 ·
exactly my rigs is about 2 miles north of crosby .5 miles west so since ya know where crosby is where ya working?

#34 ·
exactly my rigs is about 2 miles north of crosby .5 miles west
What company are you drilling for, whats your rig number ? I bet I've moved equipment for you guys.

#36 ·
ya she was pretty ####ed up I bet that guy up by crosby is on an ensign rig im guessing for ... oh #### that company with the straigh walled pits on one end ... you know the one... just a guess tho

Oh and rough neck I was working for a pitliner company. I bought a truck and am now running my own hot shot deal no trailer yet just a truck haulin BOP's til I can afford a Trailer.

#40 ·
Could be worse, you could be working for hess, conoco phillips or marathon. Those guys have some bs safety policies. The other day I went to a hess location to pick up a tele-handler and they made me go in the safety shack and shave my 5o'clock shadow off before I could do any work. I was up in your neck of the woods today roughneck, I was moving 400bbl invert tanks for nabors 152, just north of the canam store.

Was it samson jake ? that doesnt sound rite, I cant remember anymore . Those pits sure sucked though, I dont care if I ever put in another pitliner.LOL

#41 ·
conoco,hess,marathons saftey is a good thing H2S where there drilling is a everyday thing i'd shave too lol up around where i am there is some samson, continential resources, eog,hess, marathon and some smaller mom and pop companies there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.