Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Tip Length

7K views 38 replies 26 participants last post by  99coalroller 
#1 ·
I just put my new exhaust on and was wondering how long of tips you guys are running. I have a couple of our old semi stacks that are in great shape so was just going to cut one of them up and run it for my tip. Just curious how long I should make it.

#7 ·
Awesome guys. I appreciate the help. I was thinking the same the on the being the longer the better. I am going 5 in. to a 7 in.

#8 ·
mine is either 18 or 20...i just measured from the end of the exhaust pipe, in until i got to a spot that a pipe would not slide over(the hanger in my case) and then added 2-3 inches so the tip would cover the end of the existing pipe

i hope that made sense...

#12 ·
I cut mine to about 20". Can't see transition from back of truck unless you really look (where the AFE tail pipe slides on it angles out at a 45° used a slash cut 5") . I really hate the shorter ones as well.

#15 ·
ppl start talking if you have your tip hanging out haha LOL

#17 ·
Mine is about 30" by 6 1/2" home made.

#18 ·
24" X 7" sounds SWEET behind a 4" strait pipe

#22 ·
that's an awful short 12" or am I seeing things:pointlaugh:

#24 ·
Where are you guys getting your tips at? I would like to get a 22" long 6" tip that reduces down to 4" to weld it into existing exhaust?

#27 ·
i got mine from my brother as a gift also, he got it from his work industiral injection. its 18 inches long 4 in 6 out. looks awesome and its the good stainless one

#29 ·
thx for the heads up guys, I'm seaching on ebay and all over now..I want a black 4" to 6" and atleast 20" long tip..don't want anyone to see the transition from the 4" to 6" either from the back or side of truck!

#31 ·
Here's an updated pic of my truck.. Wish I could raise my tip up a little higher but not able to due my 5" exhaust.. I'm happy with it though..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.