Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Took it down a notch

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  ExtremeFord4x4 
#1 ·
Well I guess my A.D.D. kicked in, got bored with it where it was. I've been wanting to lower is so I decided to take baby steps lol. I pulled my TEI spacer out and then replaced the 3.5" blocks on the rear with factory 2" blocks. I'm exactly 40.5" on all four corners with the 275/65/20's. My rear sits a little lower than most because I have a very heavy toolbox back there. Here's a couple of pics I snapped before it got dark:

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the compliment.

I'm really leaning towards maybe some Black 22" Monsters. But if I get another set of Monsters, I'm taking them and having them powdercoated gloss black, because the finish on the black Monsters is a pain in the butt to keep clean!!

#4 ·
I'm really leaning towards maybe some Black 22" Monsters. But if I get another set of Monsters, I'm taking them and having them powdercoated gloss black, because the finish on the black Monsters is a pain in the butt to keep clean!!
I like this idea, keep bringing it down :evil

I'm thinking pretty soon your gonna catch Gare and Pahrump in suspension/wheel combo changes LOL

#10 ·
Seen it in person the other day and it's clean as usual

#13 ·
Notch it.

#15 ·
No thanks!!! plus it would probably hit the oil pan anyway lol. The straight axle is definitely not made for dropping lol.

#16 ·
Well it felt like it was sitting a little nose high. I pulled my toolbox out (cause I sold it) and gained almost an inch out of the rear!! I think it sits perfect now. Snapped a couple of pics while I was at the gas station today:

#17 ·
Yep with tools you must have had around 600 pounds with that tool box and contents.

The 08 springs are rated at 340 per inch each so 680 but figure some wear etc 550-650 could move it until you hit the progressive bottom leaf.

#18 ·
Exactly, and the thing about that toolbox was it was all the way against the tailgate with most of the weight behind the axle. So its not like having 600# right over the axle.

#19 ·
Yep and that also would have pulled weight off the front at the same time. So raised the front and dropped the rear. Taking it out got you more of everything you wanted.

#20 ·
looks good... now, do something with that little exhaust...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.