Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Who's Running 55W HID's In Their Fogs and headdk??

3K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  TrailerHauler 
#1 ·
I'm hearing they may be too hot/too bright etc. Anyone have any problems with HID's melting the housing? My heads and fogs are both from AM, so possibly a little lower quality...

Also, I'm hearing that 55w HID's wash out the color of the lights more. I want as white as possible... No ricer blue... So, 4000 to 5000k is my max...

I'd love to see pictures of the lights on with a description of the wattage/color.

#2 ·
55w color scale is a little different than 35w correct.. 8K in 35w has some blue to it, in 55w its almost white white.. I think 6500-8000 will set you where you want to be.. To your other question.. I have read many posts where the 55w's in fogs are way too hot due to the small amount of air space and will cause the lens to melt but are fine to run in headlights

#9 ·
I know for a pretty good fact that 6000k 55w HIDs are they brightest whitest you can get. I've done research here and there for a few years i just dont wanna spend the money. but i would but good money stated above is the brighest white possible

#15 ·
I have 55W in my headlights and my foglights.

I dont ever run the fog lights because they get really hot to the touch quick and I dont want to melt anything.

Id go with 55W for headlights and 35W for foglights

#19 ·
I have retro's 55w 6000k in the heads and fogs not heating issues at all they are very white with a tint of blue just like you see on most factory equipped hid vehicles. They are very bright used to run the fogs all the time but it blinded people the heads still get me high beamed from time to time and the fogs even though they have the same size bulbs just seem to be twice as bright as the heads i guess because of there size. Retro has great kits with lifetime warranty and great customer support!
Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.