Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

D60 Pics

8K views 44 replies 27 participants last post by  LawnRanger 
#1 ·
Here are some pics of my Dana 60 that I got installed a few weeks ago. It went in as smooth as it could have. All bolts came out great and all new bolts went in with very little trouble. I am now 1 1/2" taller in the front and it rides so much better than the add a leaf and TTB. I don't have the sway bar or the rear sd springs installed yet but the next weekend or 2.

See less See more
#2 ·
Lookin' good! :ford:

#9 ·
Thank you very much for the complements. It was a fun project that I have been working on for while. Thanks for all the help that I got from other members along the way - I would not have been able to do this without the help from you guys.

Yes it is a Ranch Hand.

Looks good! Front drive shaft in it yet? We did a very similar swap and found that the single-u-joint drive shaft caused noise/vibration. Sourced a double cardan drive shaft and new T/C output yoke from an F350 with the same tranny/t/c and it made 4wd much less unpleasant. (and it adjusts for the 60's longer pinion) Just an idea.
Yes the front Drive shaft is in. I had no trouble getting the shaft to bolt up and it seemed to fit perfectly. Although, I am experiencing vibration at 65 -70 mph. I just had my tires rotated and balanced and this place has had to rebalance them twice because they can't seem to get the weights to stay on. So, I don't know if the vibration that I am feeling is the bad balancing job or the length of the drive shaft. What are your thoughts - could the drive shaft be giving me vibration at those speeds while 2 wheel drive?

OH HELL NO!!!!! How you gonna paint all that stuff nice and green, and not do the U-joints and axle yokes in the knuckles!!!!! That's just poor taste! LOL Man that looks great, you did a great job.
I KNOW I KNOW I could not believe I left the inner U joints out of the powder coating trip. I just completely forgot about them and after I put everything together I was not about to pull it all apart to get them colored. Thanks for noticing :(

Thanks again for all the help and comments.

#5 ·
Looks good! Front drive shaft in it yet? We did a very similar swap and found that the single-u-joint drive shaft caused noise/vibration. Sourced a double cardan drive shaft and new T/C output yoke from an F350 with the same tranny/t/c and it made 4wd much less unpleasant. (and it adjusts for the 60's longer pinion) Just an idea.

#7 ·
OH HELL NO!!!!! How you gonna paint all that stuff nice and green, and not do the U-joints and axle yokes in the knuckles!!!!! That's just poor taste! LOL Man that looks great, you did a great job.

#18 ·
#13 ·
If your hubs aren't locked, the front shaft shouldn't give you any trouble in 2wd. What I experienced was a cruising speed vibration with the hubs locked and the T/C in 2wd, and in 4wd, there was noticeable vibration coasting and going from coasting to on the throttle.

#16 ·
Looks awesome. The green powdercoating looks sick. Nice work.
Gig 'Em!

#24 ·
Looks really good! Wish my apartment complex at school let us work on our trucks.

#27 ·
Looks great man! I wish i would have kept it. I just bought a truck that needs a D60 bad. Looks like it's happy under your truck!

#33 ·
Where are you located? I have a D60 here..4.10's, plus all the parts for the RS-SD spring mod..How high are you planing to go?

Also I can get you a 5" icon rear sd spring..will ride better.

Another option..we do '05 up axles and 4 link conversions..

Cary

#37 ·
3" RS kit with SD V codes will clear 35" use Icon 4" and clear 37-38" depending on actual tire height, width and rim offset etc. Over 6" you need Hi steer and a new longer adj track bar and frame mount..You could also use a 5" RS kit and SD X codes to clear 37"..all will ride better than a taller lift OBS spring pack from Deaver and much cheaper.

If I can help let me know.

Cary

#36 ·
The problem with the richard petty experience disney world is that all though you do get to drive a real race car you only get to do it with a pace car and only up to about 140. If you have ever been in a high end racecar, 140mph feels like 50 in a production car. Dont get me wrong it was a thrilling experience but I definately should have tried the Bondurant Racing School of High Performance Driving, or the Corvette racing school. I have read on their sites that you get to go over 140 and as fast as your skill and the car will allow,(this should approach 201 mph). The most cost effective of which looks to be the Dale Jarret Racing School followed by the Mario Andretti Racing Experience. Both experiences claim to be the fastest schools and the claims seem to be supported by the youtube videos and reviews I have found.
wth does that have to do with a d60 or a psd.

spam?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.