Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

EGR delete with out pulling manifold?

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  BoredandStroked 
#1 ·
Looking at some EGR cooler delete kits that claim you can do it with out having to pull the intake manifold. What is the true feasibility of this? Has anyone done it this way? Or should I just consider it marketing hype and plan on pulling the manifold.

#2 ·
They claim you can put the sinister one in with out pullng the manifold. I would take the oil and fuel filter housing off and the turbo and the turbo pedastal. Just makes it alot easier with that stuff out of the way.

#3 ·
When i did mine i put the rcd egr delete on very easy. Just loosen all the intake manifold bolts all the way up and pry up on the manifold a little and wiggle the egr cooler right out. I also didnt romove the oil/fuel filter housing i didnt think they were in my way.

#5 ·
we have done a few and to be honest ,have u guys ever seen what they look like after the egr has ran through there for a while even with the truck running stock ? there is some carbon build up and is never a bad idea while u have the turbo off to take off the intake and clean and get a new start on a healthy life for your 6ltr :ford: and if there has been a harder tuner on it such as a ppe then wow soot will cake the intake about 1/8 inch throughout the whole thing all it takes is one small carbon deposit to fall in at the right time and can cause a valve leak from the carbon and it will only get worse form there so fwiw for our customers and piece of mind we always take them off and clean :D

#8 ·
i dont why you wouldnt pull the intake. take a look inside of it,and you will see what,and why eveyone removes them. the gimick that you dont need to pull the intake to install brand x cooler delete is just a market tactic. the intake can be pulled in 1 hours time.

#9 ·
Exactly. Take the whole extra 5 minutes to pull it, then clean it thoroughly. You'd be amazed the difference in drivability from a clean intake to a 80k mile, never been off the truck, run to hell and back intake.

#10 ·
The truck has a brand new intake manifold on it, never a bit of EGR through it. But if I have to pull all the other crap any way I will take the 10 minutes to pull it off if it has to be loosened any way. I was thinking they were saying you didn't really have to pull it all apart or even loosen the intake manifold as they claim saving HOURS of time. Thanks for the input guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.