Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Another ATS 5K install... yay

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  motoxracer42 
#1 ·
Another aftermarket abortion. I got a Aurora 5K I'm trying to install on a buddies truck. The outlet of the turbo(charged hot side) is ginormous. After numerous calls to ATS, it turns out they don't even make an adapter to go back down to a reasonable size. I have to mate this up to a banks intercooler kit, but as you know the banks uses stock intercooler boot sizing.

Is there anybody that has fabbed up a tube that can go back to a stockish sizing?

also, for the intake of the turbo it's huge. they also say they dont supply a direct fitting air filter system for it. anybody got a fabbed up one of those either?

#7 ·
what about an 03 powermax?

#13 ·
Where have you seen a Powermax come apart?:confused:

In all of the powermax threads I've read, I have yet to see a failure. And we all know that EVERYTHING that EVER happens is always on the interwebz.:D

Seriously, if you've seen/heard of any powermax biting the dust, please share. I'm curious how and why they failed.

#14 ·
Someone I know is a dealer and couldnt get their hands on it. Backordered because of the issue...

ATS 5K going back... Going with a Elite VGT.... thanks guys.

#15 ·
Someone I know is a dealer and couldnt get their hands on it. Backordered because of the issue...
[derail]Huh? This sounds more like a dealer trying to sell something he had in stock vs. waiting for the back ordered Powermaxs. The only thing I've heard or been told (by a vendor or two) is that Garrett simply can't keep up with demand. Even the shop that tried to sell me a different turbo since they didn't have any Powermaxs on the shelf said it was simply a supply issue.

I am truly interested in hearing about any first hand experiences with Powermax failures. Heresay I am not interested in. Too many agendas out there.[/derail]

Good luck with the new turbo!!:rockon:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.