Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Another F650 Dash Mod

19K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  dirt devil 
#1 ·
Just wanted to share my dash mod. I do a whole lot more reading then posting and thought that I would post this up since it is a little different then what I have seen on the sites.

The switch panel was custom made by Concours Specialties
Concours Specialties. Talk to Greg as he is the one that worked with me on this. All of the switches are Carling Lighted tip toggle spst except one that is a spdt. Its for the rear work lights/back up lights. The switch panel will light up when headlights are turned on and the toggles light up when they are turned on. The gauges are HPOP, Fuel psi, and vacuum. I will try and get a night time pic in the am. Thanks for looking Dave

See less See more
#4 ·
Look sharp! I've been wanting to do the 650 dash for some time, but really didn't know how I'd set it up. I think I'll go with toggle switches similar to yours. What do you have running vacuum? I thought the vac only ran esof/hubs (and you don't have that) and the hvac ducting.

#5 ·
Actually the gauge idea did come from you however the switches were from someone that did them on an automatic dash. I just combined the two ideas. The vacuum is for my fuel filter. Basically tells me when I need to change it.

#8 ·
That's the f 650 manual dash mod right? How close does your stick get to it? I was thinking about doing that in mine but didn't know if my stick would hit it or not.

#11 ·
As long as you get the one for the manual tranny you will be all set. The one for the automatic will give you issues.

#9 ·
I got to do this to mine. .

#15 ·
did u custom make the dash peace with the gauges or did u by it? if u bought it who makes it?
That is the dash piece out of a 650.

"650 dash mod"

You can get them from any Ford dealer, or a few places online.
There is a manual version, and automatic version (bigger)

#17 ·
I bought the dash from Stealth Automotive a sponsor of this site. I had to drill the holes for the gauges. Also this is the version with the two holes already in it for the air brakes that are on the 650. I used a spiral saw to cut two holes out and a hole saw for the last one. Just set the trim rings on the dash traced and then cut.

#19 ·
I think the dash cost me like $40 or so plus shipping. Then $100 for the custom switch panel and another $80 for the switches.

#22 ·
whats the difference between the larger version and the smaller version?

#23 ·
Smaller is for the manual tranny and larger is for the auto tranny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.