Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

turbo Q

746 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  countryboyrob 
#1 ·
So I've have a question for you guys I have a stock turbo on my 96 except the exhaust houing is a banks quick spool housing it spools nice but I was wondering if I were to put a superduty intake housing on in place of the stock housing would I see a performance increase or not I have stage 1 injectors afe intake 4 in exhaust and an edge evolution also I already know that the SD housing won't fit as is but I build a pedestal spacer to raise the turbo high enough for it so I guess my quesion is will it be worth the time to take the turbo out to put the housing on

#4 ·
I think I picked mine up for $200 not long ago. It was cheap, and I got it with 10% off. From what I am hearing it is definitely one of the chips to go with, and get it reprogrammed later down the road.

#6 ·
Well I know dp tuner has one on sale right now for like 165 but by the time I put tunes on it I'm over 400 and I here they have the best tunes available and are the best to go with but back to question 1 say I had the custom tunes would the bigger intake housing with the smaller quick spool housing create more boost and perform better than the stock intake housing

#7 ·
if you want more boost i would not try to Mickey mouse something on your truck. just get a d66 from beans and be done with it. also who did you get you injectors from. typically the best tuning for your truck will be from the injector builder. also i would not say that dp is hands down the best there are many great tuners such as, beans, php, swamps, gearhead, dp. they will all do much better than the edge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.